Chapter 19

Hi -.-

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Today was the big day. There were no classes for anybody. Trey had come over to my dorm to pick me up.

"The mathathon is taking place at our school." Trey told me.

"Yeah, I know that." I told him. We took the elevator down to the school auditorium. The auditorium was packed with parents, siblings and teachers.

"You two finally made it." The teacher told us. "We need to have a group talk. Come over here to our table." He told us.

"Whatsup, boss?" Trey asked the teacher.

"I hope you all are concentrated and everyone is prepared." The teacher asked us.

"Yes. We can win this guys. All those weeks of studying better not go to waste."Jamal said excitingly.

I looked around and saw my mom, walking in the auditorium. She looked at me and flashed me a bright smile.

I waved back at her. Ciara and Jacob also walked in, and sat down in the back row. Ciara had Raine in her hand.

I waved at them. My phone vibrated in my pocket. I had received a message from Ciara.

Ciara: When do you want the plan to take place?

Kiara: There is gonna be three rounds in this activity. In the second round, tell Jacob that you have to go to the bathroom, then you can go.

Ciara: I hope this plan goes well...if I get caught...

Kiara: Trust me! Your not. Just act normal.

I slid my phone back into my pockets.

"You okay?" Trey asked me.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

Our math teacher handed us blue shirts, to represent our school.

"When are we going to get this thing started?" I asked myself.

As if on cue, the announcer said "Students, please take your places in on your podiums. The mathathon is about to begin!"

The teacher gave us a quick glance, and took his seat in the crowd. The audience was seated and not a sound was made.

"Welcome to our first annual mathathon," said the annoucer. "We are here today, to see two different colleges battle their knowledge in the area of math. The first set of students over in the blue shirts, are representing Justicelove College!"

The audience gave us a round of applause. The applause became even loud because of our friends- Ciara, Jacob, Raquan, Craig and some others- but the applause was loud.

"And on the other side in the red, we have Lovejustice college."

The audience gave them a round of applause, but it wasn't as loud as ours.

"Okay, shall we start? Here are the rules. There is a buzzer on each table. One person is going to have to buzz the buzzer when he or she, has found the answer. No cheating is allowed or else your team will be disqualified," The announcer explained.

"There are three rounds. The first two rounds containing 5 questions, while in the last round, one team member, has to go up on the white board and answer an extended response question. Everything clear?"

"Yes." We all replied.

"Okay, get ready. First question, for what value of the constant K does the equation 2x + Kx = 3 have one solution?"