Chapter One | Sweet Sixteen & Nose Rings

Thursday, November 4, 2010
Paisley Park
Chanhassen, MN

Prince's POV

"Are you doing any writing or music currently?" Jennifer asked during our phone conversation. "We don't want any sort of interference with the upcoming schedule."

"The music is ongoing, that's something you and I both know. I'll never stop writing or recording whether a tour is coming or not. No need to worry, it's fine. You cool?"

"Yes Prince! I am."

"Well if you cool I'm cool, I'll talk to you later."

Hanging up, I propped my feet upon my office desk, glancing over the possible due dates for the Welcome 2 America Tour.

"New York, Oakland, Raleigh... Nikolai's going to love that."

My attention quickly shifted to the knocking coming from the door.

"Who is it?"

"Darling Nikki..." The sultry voice answered.

"Oh yeah? Well uh, what took you so long? You weren't masturbating with a magazine were you?"

"Possibly!"

I chuckled. "Get in here."

Easing through the door was my wife. My muse, my heartbeat, my everything. The very one that showed me the true meaning of love.

"What's up pops?" Nikolai asked as her eyes drifted to my purple socks and black wedge flip flops. "Eh.."

"Don't eh my flops woman." I blurted. "After all these years of us being together you still don't know style."

"Prince I'm a designer and a stylist. Are you forgetting who makes your clothes?"

"So?"

"So nothing!" She popped my arm. "The flops are hideous."

"Well excuse me. I happen to think they're comfortable... and fly."

Nikolai narrowed her eyes. "Whatever old man, anyways."

"You're going to get enough of calling me old. Do I look old to you?" My brows lowered.

"No baby I'm teasing, you don't look old." She grinned, lightly pecking my lips. "You're just as young as the day we met. Now, can we get down to more details about Nailah's party?"

Sighing deeply, I sat up placing my feet down, scratching the five o'clock shadow that so effortlessly graced the lower region of my face.

"This party mess is just about to drive a brother crazy."

Nikolai eased her bottom unto my lap. "Nelson you need to shave.."

"But you weren't complaining when this stubble was grazing in between them thighs last night. Now were you?"

Raising her eyebrows while pursing her lips she replied. "No."

"Ah huh, just what I thought." I watched her eyes roll while I slipped my arms around her hips. "What does the princess want now?"

"Well your princess has requested 250 guests...."

"250?"

"Hold on, that's not all. She wants to be brought in on a helicopter, something about a grand entrance. A gold carpet, all gold and purple decorations, she wants posters up of herself, three outfit changes, and a performer."

"Is this the Grammys or something?"

"Honey we haven't even found a venue to settle on because she hates everything. And this party is less than three weeks away."