Chapter Three | Life 'O' The Party

Monday, November 15, 2010
VIP Nails and Spa
Minneapolis, MN

Nikolai's POV

"So the plane lands tomorrow around four?"

"Mhm." Wendy replied. And I rented a vehicle so I can travel back and forth. I know how busy you all are with last minute preparations so there's no need for you to be concerned with me getting around."

"That's awfully kind and considerate of you. But you know I wouldn't mind."

"I know. But hey let me go, duties calling. Tell Prince to have all of my favorite snacks on deck when we get there tomorrow." Her voice sounded from the phones speaker.

"I'll be happy to let him know, although I'm sure he'll ignore your request."

"That sucker. Alright, bye bye now!"

"Bye Auntie!!" Nailah squealed out. "So mama I was thinking about asking dad for a pet."

Oh here we go.

"Nailah animals are a big responsibility that I don't think you're quite ready for. They require lots of love, care, and attention, like a child. You can't even keep that room clean."

"But mama I'm almost sixteen! Besides, I've cleaned up a section. Doesn't that count?"

"A section really? Girl I'm talking about the entire room."

"But what about Rose? She helps with cleaning the house so how come she can't clean my room?"

"Because it's apart of your responsibility as a child, we've discussed this before. Maid or not, I'm not making her do everything when our limbs work just fine."

Slightly plopping her back against the seat, her trademark pout appeared in an instant, all while our nail tech Kikuko Lei pedicured her feet.

Glancing over at my baby, I couldn't help smiling to myself. Even though she was sulking, I sat amazed at her beauty, her striking features borrowed from papa and I, given to her and made her own.

Sometimes I still couldn't believe she was mine. She and Pierce turned our world upside down, in a good way. Whoever said that you wouldn't know the true meaning of love until you had children surely didn't lie.

My babies were my life.

"Hey." I reached over and tapped her arms as my eyes looked at me.

"Yes?"

"You can ask him, but I'm not sure if he'll agree. What kind of pet do you have in mind?"

Nailah smirked giving an uncanny resemblance to her papa. "Definitely not a dog."

"Then what? A cat?"