Chapter Two | Party Of Three

Nikolai's POV

Completely sorrowful, Prince lightly padded over to the bed, removing his shirt before easing down on the edge.

"Baby?" I sat on my knees wrapping my arms over his smooth shoulders, hands sliding to his chest. Placing a soft peck to his cheek, I watched as his eyes wandered throughout our room.

"I don't like disappointing her. It kills me inside."

"Prince she's a child. Making her angry is inevitable baby, the world does not revolve around Nailah Grace Nelson, and she has to understand that."

"She's my child and my world, hell all of you are. A daughter's first love is her father, and I'm here to set an example of how a man should treat her."

It was always quite astonishing to witness just how deeply my husband thought. Most men wouldn't dare to consider such a precious thing, but those small gestures were reminders of how truly blessed I am to be able to say he's mine.

"I hear you, please know that I do. But on this I have to speak what's on my mind. It's wonderful that you think that way, you truly have a beautiful heart. But honey you might just end up hurting her, rather than helping her."

Prince looked at me, obviously confused by my statement. "What do you mean?"

"Babe you can't give her everything, I know that you want to but it's impossible. You're setting the child up for potentially broken dreams. I mean just think about it, what if she goes into every relationship thinking that every guy she gets involved with is like you? She'll be crushed once she finds out the truth. Therefore we will not condone that way of thinking, she can't expect these guys nowadays to be like you, when there's only one you."

He sighed.

"I'm letting her have the party at Paisley, I've phoned Jennifer regarding the other plans. You just work on getting those invites out immediately because we won't be rescheduling. Oh and baby? Call the florist, have them to set up sixteen bouquets of those roses she likes. I'll have her wake up to them on her day."

All of my words, through one ear and out the other.

"You know you should listen to your wife sometimes." I slid underneath the covers as he eased back. "You know I'm pretty smart."

Securing his pimp rag while offering the most drool worthy smirk and side eye he replied, "I know how intelligent you are. But we both know that no boy's going to be good enough for our daughter. I just hope whoever decides to be tough enough to step up to the plate is ready, cause this papa ain't easy."

"Prince do you think that's fair?"

"It ain't but I'm still doing it."

"Isn't..."

"You want to be Pierce so bad."

I chuckled. "What do you mean? He's really all of me. I spit him out."