Chapter Sixteen | The Belize Experience

Author's Note: starrchiild your request is done.

Tuesday, June 7, 2011
San Pedro, Belize 🇧🇿
Nikolai's POV

🎵 There's a spark of magic in your eyesCandyland appears each time you smileNever thought that fairy tales came trueBut they come true when I'm near youYou're a genie in disguiseFull of wonder and surprise and

Candyland appears each time you smile
Never thought that fairy tales came true
But they come true when I'm near you
You're a genie in disguise
Full of wonder and surprise and....
Betcha by golly wow!
You're the one that I've been waiting for forever
And ever will my love for you keep growing strong
Keep growing strong.. 🎵

Star filled skies, subtle winds, red wine, and a serenade from my husband.

Those were a few things that made our birthday just a bit more special.

Family locked inside, Prince and I meshed together on a lounge chair to finish out a day of adventure and fun. Our alone time was perfect, and exactly what we needed.

"Again." I demanded, circling the tips of my fingers against his chest.

"Mama that was the third time. How much more does a brotha have to sing?"

"Until I'm fully satisfied. Happy wife... you know the rest."

Prince grinned. "I've got an idea."

"Oh yeah? What?"

"Check this out. How about we head back inside and I'll satisfy you? Then you can ah, sing for me."

Of course I knew exactly what he was hinting at.

"I'm open to the idea, but you can't have me getting too loud now. We don't need any interruptions."

"Then the shower it is," he stood. "The water will drown out the sound, which we will need for what I have in mind."

*

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Surely he had enough on his mind, so much actually that it resulted in us both sleeping in, which everyone knows is a rarity for Prince.

Around a quarter after noon, I eased downstairs of our rented beach home, carefully moseying into the kitchen. The plan was to quickly grab a few snacks for the both of us to share and head back up, but of course that didn't happen.

Bottled waters, a package of pistachios, and two honey crisp apples in hand, I turned the corner to exit just as Wendy came walking in.