Chapter Twenty | Letitgo

Author's Note: I apologize in advance for any frustration that may occur from this or future chapters. 🙃

Liam's POV

"I see you've found your package

"I see you've found your package."

With an arm and her hip supporting the weight of the box, my boss gave no verbal response..

But her face said it all.

"You look a bit—"

She cut in, "Disturbed?"

Well, damn.

"If it wasn't for the boxers and the shirt being halfway on... Did I come at a bad time? You should've warned me that you weren't decent."

"I am decent, in the privacy of my own hotel room."

"You have a guest, but never mind I'll be on my way. Thanks for the pickup."

It didn't work. Just like that she was on her way out of the door, not one glance at my chest, nor down below.... nothing.

Maybe just maybe she was truly devoted to that no good gnome of a husband I thought, but even that wouldn't stop me from trying.

I had to convince her to stay put.

"Hold on for a second. Mind if I show you something?"

"I don't mind. But I would like for you to put on some pants."

"Fair enough." Grinning, I grabbed my binder of sketches as she placed the box upon the recliner. "Take a look at these will you? I don't know if you'll care for them but I've been sketching almost daily."

"Will do." I watched as she sat with her back to me, flipping the binder open. Into the bedroom I searched for a pair of gray sweats, but her phone rang which had me wondering who called.

So of course I peeped out and listened.

"I hope you're calling me with good news," she stated. "Prince..."

It would be him.

"I don't understand why... what? For what? I'm busy n— hello?"

I guess a regular call wasn't good enough, he FaceTimed her.

"Yes Prince?"

"I just wanted to see your face, that's all. Do you still not know the exact day you'll be returning home?"

"What does it matter? I could return in July and you still will not have done the simple thing that I've asked."