Chapter Twenty-One | A clown in Uptown

Author's Note: Please excuse any typos or grammatical errors. This is not fully edited! 💜

Thursday, October 20, 2011
7141 Galpin Blvd
Prince's POV

After seeing the kids off to school and a very early morning session over at the complex, I arrived home to find Nikolai surprisingly still there.

Getting ready, she stood before our full length mirror with two bobby pins between her lips, comb and paddle brush in hand.

"Good Morning."

She muttered back, " Good Morning."

"Surprised to see you here," The doorframe held my weight. "Out of the office today? Or just decided to sleep in this morning?"

"I will be there for a few hours after lunch."

"After lunch?" I questioned. "It's just now 9:30."

"I have a meeting during lunch so.. yeah. Then I'll be headed to the office." Proceeding over to the sink, into the drawer she searched. "May I use your eyeliner?"

"Of course you can. Mind if I apply it for you? Or you want to do it yourself?"

Shrugging she continued, "You can, I don't mind."

"Lid, lash line, or both?" We stood face to face.

"Both."

"Natural or the most?"

Amused, small laughter followed. "You decide."

"Alright mama, look up."

Placing the crayon to her skin, I carefully lined her lid.

"Wing it out."

"Yes ma'am. Subtle or drama?"

"Mmm..." her lips formed a line. "I'm feeling drama for the day."

"Okay. Now look ahead."

Tracing along her lash line, I couldn't help but to stare at her once finished. I didn't think that she could become any more beautiful, but somehow she did.

Studying my face she asked, "What? Is something wrong?"

"No, everything is fine. I'm just basking in the moment, taking it all in. You, us."

"Alright smooth talker. Looking good?"

Standing back, I examined my work a bit more.

"You ain't even gotta question that. Of course it's good, I'm a pro at this."

"Yeah, yeah," Facing the mirror, Nik had a look for herself. "Pretty."

"Beautiful."

Cheeks turning a cherry hue, she kissed my chin and thanked me.

"Let me go get finished getting ready and attempt to have toast or something."