Chapter Nineteen | Scandalous

Author's Note: To everyone that reads The Story of Olivia Tracy, the book is being put on a "slight" hold for just a bit. My main focus is finishing this and for the chapters to go as planned, everything else is on pause until it's finished. But don't worry, Chris and Olivia will be back before you know it! Thank you for your support and Happy Holidays! 🎄

*

Wednesday, September 28, 2011
Paris, France 🇫🇷
Nikolai's POV

Wednesday, September 28, 2011Paris, France 🇫🇷 Nikolai's POV

One more tissue was thrown into the growing pile. Window raised, the sounds of car horns honking were only heard, mixing with my own subtle sniffles.

Across from me sat my cousin Brittany, who had just made it in four hours prior.

Exhaling softly, she maneuvered herself into a different sitting position, remaining quiet.

Through my moistened and exhausted glance, I could tell that she was screaming internally to speak.

But in that moment all I wanted was silence.

"Nikolai listen, I know you don't want to talk about it but... you've got to explain to me exactly what's going on. The media... There's so many details missing Nik. None of this makes sense."

With a fresh tissue I dabbed my eyes, "None of this makes sense to me either. We were doing so well I — if it's not one thing, it's another."

She sighed. "Alright, I know you probably don't want to hear these words but y'all are going to have to work through this. Despite the situation, he's your husband and whatever the future holds, your relationship deserves to be fought for. You just can't let your marriage suffer because of this."

Allowing her statement to register, my eyes traveled towards the ceiling before resting my head against the sofa.

There had been plenty of woes and mishaps to happen during my life, but this particular situation was so grueling, that nothing on earth could've prepared me for any of it.

*

Thursday, September 22, 2011
7141 Galpin Blvd
Prince's POV

"So this is your big idea huh?" asked Jennifer. "I thought you were up to something insane."

"Jen you always think I'm up to something."

She chuckled, "That's because you are. But I like this, a whole lot. When are you wanting to renew them?"

"Next July for our anniversary. We'll have a ceremony and everything. Just gotta ask her to marry me, again."