Chapter Thirteen | Mexico Mami

Welcome to Puerto Vallarta

Three knocks and a key swipe, the door opened.

"Wendy? I'm here!"

"Nikki!" She appeared from the hall and practically ran to me. "Give me a hug! I'm so glad you made it."

"Me too. How long have you been here?"

"About an hour, not too long. I'm actually still unpacking."

"Wendy please do not tell me that you overpacked."

She laughed. "Don't I always?"

After traveling for four and a half hours (plane and car) I finally arrived to my destination.

"Come this way, check out the room and our view."

"This is stunning

"This is stunning. The balcony is gorgeous!"

"That's exactly why I chose this suite. So I was thinking tonight, we go out for dinner. Tomorrow we shop and start excursions. Sunday we can just relax and chill. Monday we c—"

"Ooh Wendy wait, let me catch my breath for a second!"

"Sorry, you know how I am when I get excited."

"Yeah you're on a roll, I bet you've got an entire list planned, don't you?"

"...Yes."

I wasn't surprised. Wendy was always one to plan things out to a T, just freakishly organized since the first day we met.

"You go back to unpacking while I phone home and let them know I'm here."

I dialed the landline.

"Nelson residence, you are speaking with Pierce Rogers Nelson."

"Hi sweet pea. It's mama, just wanted to let y'all know that I've made it."

"Oh goodness mom, please tell me that you are on your way back."

"Pierce we discussed this before I left, I will return in a week."

He sighed heavily into the phone.

"I cannot handle this substantial amount of pressure."

"Son what on earth are you talking about?"

"It is dad. First, he produced some sort of noise quite similar to the bleat of a goat after you departed. Then he offered to make me oatmeal, in which I was thankful. But it was beyond odious. How does he expect me to digest such lumpy oats?"