Chapter Twenty-Four | 2013

Saturday, May 4, 2013
7141 Galpin Blvd
Chanhassen, MN

Prince's POV

"Mama you gotta be still

"Mama you gotta be still."

Squirming with a serious case of the wiggles, my baby girl rolled on her stomach during what I call the daily struggle...

Diaper changing, of course.

"Penelope Reign." Tossing the soiled diaper into the pail, I kept firm with her. "All papa wants to do is put the ointment on your butt and give you a fresh diaper. Is that so hard for you to allow?"

Small fingers meeting her neatly combed strands, she quickly grabbed unto the floral headband, throwing it to the floor.

"Pene— no no! Your mama is not going to go for this!"

Frowning, a finger pointed up, wagging at me. "No dada! No no!"

I jolted back. "Young lady did you just tell me no?"

Brown eyes gleaming, I guess she found me funny because the only response I got was a laugh.

"Well then, I'll have you to know that I am completely serious no matter how cute you may be." Finger wagging back at her, my ten month old's laugh soon quieted as I continued to speak my peace. "No more wagging your finger, sassy. That's how your sister got started. Nah! I'm going to nip this in the bud right now!"

"No, n-no dada!"

"I said yes!"

"No!"

A stare off. Father vs. daughter, man vs. baby. There was no way I was going to crack.

But of course I did.

"Shh! Honey please... Papa didn't mean that. I'm sorry." In attempt to calm her, I paced the throughout the nursery repeatedly as she wailed in my arms.

"What's going on? Why is she crying? She can't be hungry or anything." One stiletto in hand, Nikolai managed to hop into the room with our son Noah making spit bubbles while glued to her hip.

" One stiletto in hand, Nikolai managed to hop into the room with our son Noah making spit bubbles while glued to her hip