Chapter Seventeen | When Doves Cry

Author's Note: Short and sweet with some humor. I hope you enjoy!

Saturday, August 27, 2011
7141 Galpin Boulevard
Pierce's POV
6:20 a.m.

"Mission accomplished!" I exclaimed, standing before the beloved piece of furniture where I lay to rejuvenate nightly and immerse myself in tranquil slumber

The 27th day of August was a celebratory one, bringing in a joyous and paramount occasion, my tenth birthday.

......which would not be for another two days but I was quite certain that no one would want to partake in a soirée on a Monday or the Lord's day.

That is Sunday for you muddled individuals.

Into the hall and down the stairs I went, striding towards the kitchen as the decadent aroma of homemade pancakes invaded my nostrils, which of course signaled my brain to release rounds of two happy chemicals.

Serotonin and dopamine, precisely.

My stomach rumbled and growled with the ultimate hunger, but the sight of what I saw entering the kitchen was nearly enough to demolish my yearn for breakfast.

There they were, my beloved parental units. Canoodling like a couple of titillated and overly aroused teenagers near my most prized granola bars.

Sheesh.

"Let's go wake Pierce before the food gets cold."

Locked in dad's arms, mom was placed upon the counter top.

"And then we can head back to the room."

"You're not hungry baby?" she asked.

Dad grinned. "I am. But with these kids coming down, ain't no way I can openly e—"

"GOOD MORNING!" They both jumped in shock as I made my presence known.

"My baby!" Hopping off of the counter, mom moseyed over to embrace me as dad appeared like he had been caught red handed.

"Sweetie, we didn't hear you come down. How long have you been standing here?"

Long enough that I am provoked to regurgitate my guts.

"Not long! I literally just walked in."

Smiling back at dad she winked, "Good. Are you ready for this big day?"

"Absolutely! I am completely overwhelmed with gratitude to you, dad, and everyone included. The amount of preparation for this celebration of my upcoming decade of life has been outstanding."

"Well my handsome genius, papa and I are thrilled that you're beyond thankful and excited. Right papa?"

"That's right!" Dad chimed in. "This one's for the book. A day that ain't none of us will be quick to forget."