Chapter Seven | Nik's Not So Happy New Year

Friday, December 31, 2010
Galpin Blvd

Nikolai's POV

Sighing heavily, my eyes blinked opened for what seemed like the hundredth time. Squinting, I gazed at the digital clock on the nightstand that read a quarter after five.

I couldn't believe it. I had awakened every single hour since two a.m., hoping for my thoughts to cease, so that my body could find sleep, but it failed me.

Completely restless, I was.

I couldn't take anymore of the darkness, so I attempted to ease out of my husband's grip that he so comfortably had around my hips.

One swift turn and a twist. I thought I was free, but the end of my nightie he pulled, meshing his body to the front of me.

"Mm, mm." His way of sleepily saying no.

"Prince I can't rest."

"I know." His voice even deeper and full of rasp. "You've been awake on and off for hours.

I thought he was asleep.

"How'd you know?"

"Because I know you; your body, your soul, and your mind. Now tell daddy what's going on in that pretty head of yours."

"It's nothing."

"Ooh mama, it's something. Tell me."

It was pitch black but I could just feel him staring.

"Baby I promise, it's nothing. Just a little restless that's all."

"Hmph." Prince groaned. "Well since you ain't gonna tell me, are you still going to leave me all alone in this big ol' bed? You know I hate sleeping without you."

"It's almost five thirty, practically time to get up anyway."

"Mama any time between five a.m. to ten are strange hours for rockstars. Besides, when did you become such a morning person anyway?"

"When you impregnated me twice now lose the grip so I can get up."

Once again I tried to ease away, but he had other plans.

"What are you doing?" I asked as Prince made his way on top of me, kneading my breasts through the thin layer of silk.

Sixteen years of marriage and two kids later surely didn't slow his sexual appetite.

Not saying a word, his hands traveled their way underneath my nightie, tugging at the sides of my panties.

"Can papa play down south?"

"Mm."

One single pull and a slide. Panties? Vanished.

"I'm not even in the mood." I lied just to mess with him.

"Liar." He blurted, his fingers toying with my center. "Your juices say otherwise."

A moan replaced my laughter. "This is always your idea of a good waking."

Teasingly, his tip grazed my folds. "You already up, so this time think of it as a nap inducement."

"Wait. What?"

He thrusted himself into me fully.

"I'm about to put you to sleep."

*

10 a.m.

It worked, but I wasn't surprised. After two rounds of bun collision, I slept until nine thirty and was finally up to get the day started.