Chapter Eleven | Revelation?

Wednesday, March 30, 2011
NKJ71 Offices
Blaine, MN

Nikolai's POV

Have you ever found yourself pondering over a past situation? And all of the should've, could've, would've bits come front and center?

Yep, that was me. Sitting in my office trying my damnedest to focus on the task at hand. The store's grand opening and fashion show was the following Saturday, but I couldn't think of anything but the argument that happened between my husband and I, just days before.

Who would ever think that one lousy iMessage would start it all.

Lousy and nothing it was to me, but to Prince it just about bothered him more than anything.

Sighing deeply, I tried my best once again to regain focus. But in my head, the dialogue just kept flowing.

"It's really not that big of a deal.. Prince why won't you just listen to me?"

"To YOU it's not. Let a woman send a message like that to my phone and you see, you'll raise all type of hell and you know it."

"You saw the next message. He corrected himself by changing I to we, he and Clarice! It was nothing more than a honest mistake. That is all."

"Do you hear yourself? You know how to work that phone better than I do and even I know you can't mistakenly type that. He sent what he meant the first time."

"Okay so what do you want me to do? Suspend him without pay over a message or something?"

"Oh no you know I'd never want you to get rid of the brother since he 'helps you so much'. But maybe your employee of the year needs a subtle reminder that you're a happily married woman. You think you can handle that small task mama? Or do I need to do it for you?"

"Oh my God."

"I'll be home just before summer for a break and I sure don't mind stopping by the office and reminding him, since it seems he's forgot. And yes call on God, because the way fish boy's going, he sho going to need him."

"Mrs. Nelson? Mrs. Nelson are you good?" Obviously concerned, Clarice asked.

"Oh ahh yeah I'm fine. Guess I just zoned out for a bit."

"I'll say," she grinned. "Must've been some daydream."

My lips straightened into a line. "Yeah, definitely."

*

Fashion Show Rehearsal

"Alright guys to the right and ladies to the left." I instructed the models. Six males and six females were chosen to debut new pieces of the line that would also be available in store.

"We meet again, and you guys just look so awesome, definitely happy with the way everything has turned out. As you know, Saturday is the big event and most importantly I need every single last person here at 12 p.m. sharp. Not 12:01, 12:10, or 12:30. You must be here at 12:00 on the dot in order for everyone to get straight into hair, makeup, and wardrobe. Remember the show is an invite only event! Meaning all of you were granted only two people to accompany you. Everyone is welcome to the store's grand opening of course. But enough of me rambling, everyone in your proper positions, Clarice hit the music."

Paired couple one strutted down the stage as Clarice and I watched closely.

"Make a note will you? I need to bring the waist of Sky's pants in just a bit more."