Blind Love ~ (xWildcat)

Age: 23
Warning:

Request For: WhiskeyAsylum

(Y/N'S POV)
  3/30/18

   I woke confused, forgetting for a fraction of a second that my sight was gone. For the minutes that followed I felt grief all over, the loss of things I never even considered missing. I'd never been one to dwell on flowers, the shape of a tree or passing clouds - poetry hadn't been my thing. I'd never been so astonished by the feel of what Tyler called wood, or the way cloth felt.

  I sighed touching the bed feeling the empty spot of Tyler's spot missing giving me despair as I sighed. I stood from my bed looking around calling for a certain someone. "D/n!" I immediately heard the sound of paws running toward me as my hand was greeted with saliva.

  D/n has been in my life for a year now, and I couldn't have wished for any other dog. S/he was a German Shepard, at least that I was told. "Foward" I told D/n as s/he did what was told as I guided her/him down the stairs. Today was a big day, Sydney was going to come and many of Tyler's friends. Of course I couldn't get dressed on my own so I needed Tyler to help me, but I didn't mind.

  "Tyler?" My voiced called out as my head turned both directions in confusion and search. "One minute Y/n, I'll be right there!" I smiled at his reply, he was so sweet. Never once had he said anything of my blindness, I was just his sweetheart that had become special, and treasured to him, I felt loved.

  As I guided D/n through the house I grabbed a hold of a chair and sat down waiting for Tyler and to hear his voice call out again. Without sight in my world, I loved texture, temperature and fragrance - loving the changes of the seasons for these simple joys. Beyond that I needed to touch, to be wrapped in Tyler's arms each day, and cuddling with him at night listening to the thud of his heart.

Shadows of light and dark were all that my eyes could detect. I knew day from night and proximity to a window on a sunny day; once in a while Tyler would show me the smudge of the moon on a clear night. I heard sudden footsteps coming toward me as I smiled in delight as D/n rested near me.

  "Yes Y/n?" His voice calmed me, it soothed me and always relaxed me. "I need help getting an outfit, do you not remember Ty?" I gave a small smile and slightly cringed at the nickname I gave him, but it was not as bad as the ones he called me.

———

  "The outfit looks nice on you." He said holding my shoulders as I assumed he was standing in front of a mirror. "Thank you Tyler, when do you think they'll arrive?" My question left me nervous, I was meeting people that I couldn't see, what if something bad happened?

   "About an hour sweetheart, stop worrying." He planted a small kiss on my forehead and cheek as I felt my cheeks heat up. All I could do was wait for them to come, the unfamiliar people to come. Sydney was the only one I know and the one I had to gossip too.

———

Knock

Knock

Knock

They're here.

  My heart began to thump as D/n rose up sniffing for anything. I could hear the door open and Tyler's voice speaking. I could hear so many new voices, but I couldn't see so many. "Y/n, they're here!" I got up from the bed slightly panicking at the though.