The Quest: Chapter 30

***Wedding night romance and smut to ensue....*** Leave me a review!

Legolas quietly opened the door to what was now his and Alannah's room and locked it behind him before walking up the petal adorned stairs. As he walked into the room, he noticed his quarters were empty and the curtains leading to the balcony were slightly parted as they fluttered from the night's breeze. He smoothed his silk tunic before slightly opening the curtains to peer outside. Legolas felt his heart leap in his chest when he saw her standing there, looking out over the balcony. The silks around Alannah's body fluttered as the night winds begin to move, accentuating her curves. He watched in silence as her long, dark waves moved with the breeze, exposing the back of her bare neck. To Legolas, it was as if he was walking into a dream as he stepped outside onto the balcony to join her.

"Hervess nin." (My wife) Legolas whispered as he wrapped his arms around her from behind. She leaned her head back onto his chest, placing her hands on his.

"Hervenn nin."(My husband) Alannah replied, turning her head to look at him. He cocked his eyebrow at her response, impressed with how much of their language she had spoken fluently that night.

"You're learning very fast meleth nin, you make the language of our people sound as if it was the most beautiful song." Legolas complimented as he kissed the crook of her neck. His long hair fell on her shoulders, causing her to squirm at the slight tickling sensation. The wind began to pick up, bringing a chill to settle on Alannah's skin. She shivered in his arms, quickly realizing the thin silks were not suitable for the night's weather. Legolas ran his hand under the sleeve of her robe, feeling the goosebumps growing on her skin.

"Let's go inside, the night grows cold." Legolas suggested. Alannah inhaled a deep breath of the cool night air into her lungs before turning to join him, bidding it to calm her nerves for what was to come. Once inside, Legolas pulled the curtains to the balcony tight to ensure the cold wind wouldn't interfere with their wedding night.

Alannah stepped into the large bedroom rubbing her arms to warm herself. She flickered her eyes to the bed, suddenly feeling more nervous than ever. Alannah looked down, forgetting that you can see right through her silks and somehow, she felt barer than she ever felt with him. Unsure of what exactly he should do, Legolas walked up to her and softly kissed her on the lips before lifting the diadem off her head and sitting it on a nearby table. He followed by removing his own and laying it beside hers.

As he turned back to her, nervousness began to roll off Alannah in waves. Legolas glanced at the bed, the blankets already downturned for them as a crackling fire warmed the bedroom in the nearby fireplace. He grasped her hand and led her to the bed, gently pulling her down to sit beside him.

"You can deny me tonight meleth nin. We don't have to consummate our marriage right away, I can sense your uneasiness." He spoke soothingly as he ran his fingers through her long hair. Alannah quickly shook her head, suddenly feeling ashamed that she was spoiling such an important night for them.

"No, I won't deny you. I won't lie, I am a little nervous, but I want this." Alannah replied. "I want you."

Legolas ran his hand up and down her back before quickly walking to a nearby table covered in various foods and drink. He poured them each a small glass of wine and brought it over to her, hoping it would ease the nerves for both of them. Alannah sipped the wine as she snuggled closer to him, noticing the familiar notes of the drink as that of the fine Dorwinian blend his father often imported.

"Do you feel better meleth nin?" Legolas asked, noticing she had finished before him. Alannah nodded and set the glass on the bedside table. Legolas sat his unfinished wine beside hers before standing, offering her his outstretched hand. She took it curiously, unsure of what he had planned.