Atlanta, Georgia

Chapter 1

As I drove down the street in my Black Toyota Tundra with my daughter, Alicia, I began to slowly stop as we arrived at our destination; Atlanta, Georgia. We were heading there as we heard that this was the safety we were looking for. There was a camp there with survivors just like us, which was possibly the last set of survivors on the whole planet from this apocalypse. It was very rare to find survivors and now it felt like there might be something to fight for, unless this camp is nothing more than a walker nest and we were the food brought for their feeding time. My head wanted to turn around but my heart wouldn't let me. I knew that this could either be the worst or best thing that ever happened to us. We could either be eaten alive or finally have some more help with the walkers. This was all for Alicia, I thought of no one else but her. If there was even the slightest chance that this camp could be the safety we were looking for, I had to find it.

Once we had finally arrived, I began to see a few cars in front, showing that someone had definitely been here. I began to feel so relief in my body before turning to Alicia and saying...

"Now this is it. You know what to do. Stay here in the car while I check it out. If this place is safe, I will come back and get you but for now, stay in the car," I said.

"Okay mum," Alicia said.

"Alright, I won't be long," I said before getting out of the car with my shotgun in hand, preparing myself for anything.

I then began to walk along the path and through a load of different cars, clearly showing that a lot of people were here. I began to smile, realizing that Alicia and I weren't the only survivors left. Just then, I saw a familiar face. Someone that I hadn't seen in a very long time. Shane Walsh.

"Shane?" I questioned as I began to lower my shotgun.

"Skye?" Shane questioned, looking deeply relieved to see me.

"Oh my god," I said before walking towards him and embracing him.

I began to feel tears of joy form in my eyes after not only seeing an old friend again but seeing one of my old partners as a deputy. Shane and I were both deputies with our other partner, Rick Grimes, who was shot and then went into a coma before the apocalypse started. Since Rick went into a coma, Shane and I went to visit him with Lori, his wife and his son, Carl.

Just then, as we began to let go of one another, I saw Lori and Carl appearing with some other people.

"Lori?, Carl?" I questioned.

"Skye?" Lori questioned.

"I can't believe you guys survived," I said before rushing towards Lori and hugging her.

I then let go and hugged Carl for a second before letting him go and smiling at him.

"How are you doing buddy?" I asked.

"I'm good. Is Alicia with you?" Carl asked.

"Yeah she is. I told her to wait in the car just in case this was another walker zone," I said.

I then stood up straight to see Lori, Shane and the others before I said...

"I'm glad I found you guys. Well, I'm glad I found anybody who isn't either dead or the undead. I want to join your camp and I'm willing to help anybody with anything. I'll hunt, fight walkers, go and get supplies, I'll do anything I can to help in exchange for just the safety of this place for myself and my daughter," I explained to everyone.

"We would have happily done it for you just being a random person," Shane said.

"Thank you," I said.

I then headed back to my car, got Alicia out before we walked into the camp and began to get to know everyone there. There was a lot of people at the camp and a few children for Alicia to play with, giving her a chance to feel like a child again. After some time of settling in, I began to help everyone with cooking before saying...

"So, is this everyone here?" I asked some of the women I met.

"No. Not all. A few of them have gone to the city to go get some supplies," Carol answered.

Carol was a shaven haired woman, who was the wife of a cruel man called Ed and the mother of a strawberry blonde girl called Sophia. Carol was a kind and gentle woman, who made me laugh the moment I met her.

"Don't forget about Daryl, he's gone hunting," Amy said.

"Does Daryl need help with hunting?" I asked.

"Uh, he tends to like to hunt alone," Lori answered.

"Then I'll remember to stay out of his way," I said.

I then finished up with the cooking before saying...

"Can you guys watch Alicia for me?" I asked.

"Sure," Lori answered.

"Thanks," I said before heading out into the woods.

I made sure that I had my bow in hand and got ready to hunt for more food...