Sophia and Caroline

Chapter 44

After enjoying my birthday, Jason, Alicia and I began to relax with the others before Andrea and T-Dog walked over and said...

"Do you know what's going on?" T-Dog asked as they reached us.

"Where is everyone?" Andrea asked.

"You haven't seen Rick?" I questioned.

"He went off with Hershel, we were supposed to leave a couple hours ago," Andrea said.

"Yeah you were. What the hell?" Daryl questioned as he walked over with Carol.

"Rick told us he was going out," Carol said.

"Damn it, isn't anybody taking this seriously? We got us a damn trail. Oh, here we go," Daryl said as he spotted Shane walking towards us.

He had a duffle bag on his shoulder while he had a gun in hand before finally reaching us...

"What's all this?" Daryl asked.

"You with me man?" Shane asked him as he offered him a gun.

Daryl then took it before Shane walked over to us and began handing them out to us.

"Time to grow up," Shane said.

He then turned to Andrea and said...

"You already got yours?" Shane asked.

"Yeah. Where's Dale?" Andrea asked.

"He's on his way," Shane said.

"I thought we couldn't carry?" T-Dog questioned as Shane handed him a gun.

"Yeah well we can and we have to," Shane said.

He then walked over to me and said...

"You got your guns Skye?" Shane asked me.

"Yes of course," I answered.

"What about you brother and daughter?" Shane asked.

"They got theirs, why? What's going on?" I asked.

"We're taking action," Shane said to me.

After saying this, he turned back to the group and said...

"Look, it was one thing sitting around here picking daisies when we thought this place was supposed to be safe, but now we know we ain't," Shane said.

I then watched as he walked over to Glenn and offered him a gun before he said...

"How about you man?, you gonna protect yours?" Shane asked.

Glenn paused for a minute before he took it.

"That's it. Can you shoot?" Shane asked Maggie.

"Can you stop? You do this, you hand out these guns, my dad will make you leave tonight," Maggie fired back.

"We have to stay Shane," Carl said as he walked down the steps.

"What is this?" Lori asked finally as she walked out of the door, joining us instantly.

"We're not going anywhere, okay? Now look, Hershel, he's just gonna understand. Okay he- well he's gonna have to. Now we have to fins Sophia, am I right?" Shane asked as he bent down to Carl and offered him a gun.

As he did this, I instantly picked up one of my rifles, ready to join them. Once I was ready, I watched as Lori pushed Shane away from Carl before saying...

"Rick said no guns. This is not your call, this is not your decision to make," Lori said.

"Oh shit," T-Dog said, making us all turn to see what T-Dog was looking at.