The Farmhouse

Chapter 36

After walking through the woods for a very long time and back to the creek, Daryl and I finally found a farmhouse. This farmhouse looked like a place where Sophia would stay, maybe even Caroline. I began to look at Daryl and I knew he thought the same thing. I then nodded at him before we walked over to the farmhouse and entered it. We then split up in opposite directions and began walking around with our weapons in hand, ready to shoot anything that came at us. As I continued to walk around, I finally thought I heard something, causing me to rush towards it. However, just as I reached it, I instantly saw it was Daryl. I immediately sighed before saying...

"You scared me," I said.

"Glad to see I keep you on your toes," Daryl said as he began to smirk.

"Shut up," I said.

Daryl continued to smirk before I said...

"You found anything?" I asked.

"A sleeping bag, some food. Someone was definitely here. Could have been Sophia or Caroline," Daryl said.

"I hope they're together, fighting together, surviving together. I hope that they have each other," I said.

"They'll be okay. I know it," Daryl said.

I nodded before we kissed and held each other close. After a moment of this, we finally stopped before he said...

"You know, we have a few minutes we can kill," Daryl said.

"We're looking for two missing girls," I said.

"And from what it looks like, we won't be finding them today," Daryl said.

"I guess a minute or two wouldn't hurt," I said.

Daryl smiled before we began to kiss and take off each other's clothes. As we did this, we moved into the other room and began to lay on the sofa before falling asleep in each other's arms.

After some time had past, I finally awoke and began to feel Daryl's arms holding me close to him before I kissed him awake.

"Well that's the best sleep I've had in a while," Daryl said.

"Because of the sofa or me?" I asked.

"What do you think?" Daryl asked rhetorically, giving me a look telling me that I already knew the answer too.

I nodded in agreement before I finally got up and began to get dressed. Once I had done this, Daryl did the same before I continued to walk along, looking for anything else to do with Caroline or Sophia. However, all of a sudden, I spotted something. A video camera. I instantly walked over to it and began to look at it for a while before seeing that not only did it still have battery, but someone had recorded something on it.

"Hey, what'd you find?" Daryl asked from behind me.

"Well, I'm guessing that we'll get the answer of who was staying here," I said.

"Let's take a look," Daryl said.

I agreed to this before sitting down with Daryl on the sofa and watching the video recorded...

"Hey, hey, hey. It's your girl Caroline at studio twenty six," the recorder played.

It was my sister Caroline. The one I had feared that could have been dead. The one I fought for and searched for. The one I hadn't seen in so long that I felt like crying.

"Only kidding," Caroline said.

"Is that your sister?" Daryl asked.

"Yeah, it's her. She always wanted to be a reporter or some kind of journalist. It's all she did when she was little. She would just record herself over and over again, reporting absolutely anything she saw. It's one of the best things about her. Her dreams showed me that I could have dreams too," I said.

"This is not studio twenty six. This, ladies and gents, is a house I've been staying in for the past couple of days. Now, it's not great but it's good enough to keep me going for a while. I have some food right here, a sleeping bag and a this camera," Caroline said as she showed began to show us the place.

"Maybe Sophia wasn't here," Daryl said.

"Or maybe Caroline was just here before," I said.

"Okay, now. Time to get serious. I didn't record this to show any of you this place, I recorded this because I couldn't find any paper or a pen to write my usual letter to Skye," Caroline said.

"Usual letter?" Daryl questioned.

I shrugged my shoulders before focusing my attention back onto Caroline.

"So here it is. Dear Skye, I'm currently missing. It's been almost a week since I went missing and I can imagine by now how much Jason is missing me. It wasn't his fault. Trust me. I made it back to our meeting point but walkers followed me and I couldn't let them get Jason and so I continued to run. I kept on running for a while before I finally reached this place. I want to come home but, I can't find my way back. However I'm not giving up. I promise you that. I hope you're okay Skye. You and Alicia. As you know, I write these because I have faith that you're still out there, safe and alive. Jason says I'm crazy but I know he still hopes that some day you're going to appear somewhere and we'll be able to be a family again. These are our hopes, Skye. I only wonder what yours are. I wish you were here sister. Maybe then you could help me find my way back to the farm as I know you paid a lot more attention than I did to this area. I really regret that now. I have a lot of regrets. But I won't repeat one of my letters that I wrote before. Hopefully you're found by now. That's my hope right now, and if you are, you should probably read the other letters. They're in my room in a box under my bed. Read them sister and please come and find me. I really need you," Caroline pleaded, as tears began to fall down her cheeks.

I began to cry myself, hearing her voice breaking, made me realize she was struggling.

"I want my sister back. I need you back Skye. I need to know that you and Alicia are okay, that you are alive and safe. I need these things. I know it's a lot to ask but hopefully God will grant those things to me. That is my last hope. Anyway, I miss you sister. I miss you like crazy and I hope that wherever you are, you are safe. Love you and Alicia lots. Love, Caroline," she said before the recording finally finished and I sat there, holding the recorder in my hands while Daryl held me.

I began to wipe my tears before I said...

"She looked so scared," I stated.

"She'll be okay. At least we know she's okay," Daryl said.

"Then why isn't she here?, where is my sister?" I asked.

"I don't know, but wherever she is, she'll be okay," Daryl said.

I nodded before I got up with Daryl, took the recorder with me and headed out of the farmhouse. As we did this, Daryl found a Cherokee Rose before picking it up and taking it back with us to give to Carol for Sophia...