Camp Destroyed

Chapter 16

Once we finally reached the train tracks again, Glenn finally broke the silence and said...

"Admit it. You only came back to Atlanta for the hat," Glenn said.

"Don't tell anybody," Rick said.

"You given away half our guns and ammo," Daryl said.

"Not nearly half," Rick said.

"For what?, the old farts are gonna die momentarily anyhow. Seriously, how long do you think they've got?" Daryl asked.

"How long do any of us?" Rick asked.

All of a sudden, we spotted that the van we had was gone.

"Oh my god," Glenn said.

"Where the hell is our van?" Daryl asked.

"We left it right there, who the hell would take it?" Glenn asked.

"Merle," Rick answered.

"He's going to be taking some vengeance back to camp," Daryl said.

"What does that mean for everyone we left there then?" I asked.

"I don't know. All I do know is that it isn't good," Rick said.

We then all started running back to camp not knowing what to expect. We had left everyone that we cared about back there, making us all on edge and only making us run faster. My thought was on Alicia. If I didn't get back there soon, what was going to happen to her? We began sprinting now. Going faster and faster within every second right until we finally reached camp. However, by the time we reached camp, it was full of nothing but screams and gunfire.

"Oh my god," Rick said.

"Alicia!" I shouted as I ran up the hill where camp was.

The others followed me until we finally saw walkers everywhere. We all ran around shooting the walkers while I searched for Alicia.

"Alicia!" I yelled.

"Skye!" Lori yelled.

"Oh my god, Lori. Where is she?, where's Alicia?" I asked.

"She was here just a second ago but she ran off," Lori answered.

"Alicia!" I yelled as I killed the last walker.

I looked around me and saw everyone hugging each other while Alicia was nowhere to be seen. I continued to run around the camp looking for her while calling her name...

"Alicia! Alicia, where are you?" I asked.

All of a sudden, I saw Daryl appear from one of the bushes with Alicia in his arms. A rush of relief flooded over me before I ran over to her and said...

"Thank god," I said.

"I found her killing a walker back there," Daryl said.

I then saw her turn to see me.

"Mum!" Alicia yelled.

I then took her from Daryl's arms before holding her close. I felt her body shake and I began to cry, so glad that she was okay.

"It's okay baby. I'm here," I said.

I then looked back at Daryl and began to smile at him before saying...

"Thank you," I said.

"No problem," Daryl said.

I then continued to hold her before looking her in the eyes and saying...

"You killed a walker?" I questioned.

"Yeah. He was trying to hurt T-Dog. I had to mum. I had to," Alicia said.

"What did you use?" I asked.

"My knife. I threw it at the walker just like you taught me. It's dead now," Alicia said.

"She handled it like a pro," Daryl said.

"Do you think I can learn how to use a crossbow?" Alicia asked Daryl.

"If it's okay with your mum," Daryl said.

"Can I mum?" Alicia asked.

"I don't see why not but not tonight. For now, we have to help bury any bodies of people who died tonight," I said.

"Okay mum," Alicia said.

I then began to hold her while Daryl stood at my side before we began to look at the destroyed camp. Everyone was in pieces. Andrea lost her sister, Carol had lost her husband and many couples had died. This camp was a disaster. After some moments of all this loss, most of us began to sort out the bodies. Burning anything dead while the rest of us made sure the kids got to sleep. Once Alicia finally fell asleep and most of the camp along with that, I began to make a fire. A small one but enough to keep me warm. I wasn't planning on sleeping anytime soon. I needed to protect Alicia and the rest of the camp. I had to make sure I was prepared for anything...