Relaxing

Chapter 24

As we headed down the hallway, we all began to look at the bedrooms that we'd all be staying in while Jenner began talking about the place.

"Most of the facility is powered down, including housing, so you'll have to make do here. Couches are comfortable. There's a rec room down the hall that you kids might enjoy. Just, don't plug in any video games, okay? Or anything that draws power," Jenner said to the kids.

After a moment of talking with them, Jenner turned back to us and said...

"Same applies, if you shower, go easy on the hot water," Jenner said before walking away and leaving us.

Once we all heard Jenner say 'hot water', all our faces grew a smile.

"Hot water?" Glenn questioned.

"That's what the man said," T-Dog said before we all began to laugh.

After a moment of laughing, we all began heading off to our own rooms. Daryl and I entered a room with Alicia before dropping our bags on the floor and flopping on the beds. Alicia had one to herself while Daryl and I had one to share before I said...

"Who wants to shower first?" I asked.

As I said this, I began to look over and I saw Alicia sleeping off the wine before I turned back to Daryl and he said...

"All yours babe," Daryl said.

I nodded before getting up and heading into the bathroom and turning on the shower. After doing this, I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and began to stand there, looking at what a wreck I was. My hair was in a messy ponytail, my skin had darkened from all the dirt of living in camp and my eyes had dark circles underneath them from where I hadn't slept much. I looked a mess and I knew that this shower was going to help me a lot. I then removed my clothes and let my hair down before heading into the shower and beginning to relax. After a few moments of relaxing, I then heard the door open before Daryl joined me in the shower.

"What?, a girl can't enjoy a shower to herself?" I questioned.

"Not with me around," Daryl answered.

I then began to laugh before we enjoyed the shower together. It felt good to have someone to share even the littlest things with. I hadn't had this in years and now, it finally felt like my life was complete. Well, except for the apocalypse part. Once we were done showering, we each grabbed a towel before getting changed and relaxing on the bed. We began to have a few drinks while beginning to talk...

"What do you think about this place?" Daryl asked.

"I like it. It's great protection for all of us and it seems like this is a perfect place for us to live. Plus, we have alcohol here," I answered before drinking some of my wine.

"The alcohol is good," Daryl said.

"Do you think this is it?, that this is where we'll be staying permanently?" I asked.

"Not sure, why?" Daryl asked.

"Something about Jenner didn't seem right. I'm not sure what it is but, I just have this weird feeling that he's hiding something," I said.

"Yeah, I've been getting the same feeling. Guess we're just going to have to keep our eyes wide open," Daryl said.

"I guess so," I said.

After some more time of drinking, I finally awoke Alicia up before getting her washed and dressed and all ready for bed. Once I did this, I began to read her a story before she finally drifted to sleep and I got into bed with Daryl. We laid there for a moment, smiling at each other before finally drifting off to sleep in each other's arms...

The next morning, Alicia and I got up while Daryl laid in before we headed to breakfast where I saw Glenn, struggling with his hangover.

"Morning," I said.

"Morning," Lori said before Alicia and I sat down by Glenn.

"Too much alcohol Glenn?" I asked.

"Way too much," Glenn answered.

All of a sudden, T-Dog walked in with eggs and said...

"Eggs. Powered but, I do them good," T-Dog said.

Glenn began to moan in pain.

"Bet you can't tell. Protein helps the hangover," T-Dog said as he put the eggs on his plate.

I began to smile at this while Alicia and I began to eat up breakfast.

"Don't ever, ever, ever let me drink again," Glenn said.

"Hey," Shane said as he walked in.

"Hey. You feel as bad as I do?" Rick asked.

"Worse," Shane replied.

"The hell happened to you?, your neck?" T-Dog asked as Shane sat down.

"Must have done it in my sleep," Shane said.

"Never seen you do that before," Rick said.

"Yeah, me neither," I said.

"Me neither. Not like me at all," Shane said.

"Morning," Jenner said as he walked in.

"Hey doc," Rick said.

"Morning doc," I said.

"Doctor, I don't mean to slam you with questions for thing-" Dale said before Jenner interrupted him.

"But you will anyway," Jenner said, finishing off Dale's sentence.

"We didn't come here for the eggs," Andrea said as Daryl walked in.

I then watched as he sat down beside me and began to eat up before we all left the kitchen and followed Jenner lead us all back into the big office room...