Trip To CDC

Chapter 21

As we drove along the street, we didn't say anything for a while in respect to Jim, who was probably a walker by now. He didn't look good after we left, meaning that he barely had any minutes left as a human. We all felt bad to leave him there but we knew that's what Jim wanted.

After some moments of silence, Alicia then said...

"I'm bored," Alicia said.

"Yeah me too. Shame the world basically ran out of music," Daryl said.

"My mum can sing," Alicia said.

"You can?" Daryl questioned.

"A little. She's only saying that I sing because normally, the only way she can fall asleep is with me singing to her," I said.

"Let's hear you sing then. Sing anything," Daryl said.

"I'm not sure guys," I said.

"Please mum. Just one song," Alicia said.

"Fine," I said.

"But not my favourite. Sing something different," Alicia said.

"Okay, here goes," I said.

I then closed my eyes, took a deep breath before reopening my eyes and beginning to sing...

"I'll tell the world, I'll sing a song. It's a better place since you came along. Since you came along," I begun, noticing Daryl was staring at me and smiling.

"Your touch is sunlight through the trees. Your kisses are the ocean breeze. Everything's alright when you're with me. And aaa... You're my favourite thing. Aaaa... All the love that you've bring. Well it feels like I've open my eyes again. And the colours are golden and bright again. There's a song in my heart, I feel like I belong. It's a better place since you came along... It's a better place since you came along..." I continued to sing to Daryl.

"I see the whole world in your eyes. It's like I've known you all my life. It's just feels so right. So I pour my heart into your hands. It's like you really understand. You love the way I am. And aaa... You're my favourite thing. Aaaa... All the happiness you bring. Well it feels like I've opened my eyes again. And the colours are golden and bright again. And the sun paints the skies and the wind sings her song. It's a better place since you came along... It's a better place since you came along..." I sung, getting close to the end of song.

"Oooo, huuuu, aaaaa, uuuu. Now I'm alright, now I'm alright, everything's alright. Cause it feels like I've open my eyes again. And the colours are golden and bright again. There's a song in my heart, I feel like I belong. It's a better place since you came along... It's a better place since you came along..." I sung, finishing the song.

Once I finished, Daryl just sat there for a moment smiling before saying...

"That was beautiful, just like you," Daryl said.

All of a sudden, I noticed Alicia sleeping.

"Well, at least that made someone sleep," I said.

"Does that normally happen?" Daryl asked.

"My voice is like a lullaby to her. She may ask me to sing to her but, she'll always fall asleep after," I said.

"How long you been singing to her?" Daryl asked.

"Her whole life. Mitch used to do it but after he died, I took over. I never sang much when Mitch was alive. He liked to do it a lot more than I did, but after he died, someone had to sing to her, so I did," I said.

"How did he die?" Daryl asked.

"Car accident. He was heading to work one morning and a driver lost control of the wheel. Next thing you know, I get a call telling me to go to the hospital because Mitch had been in a car accident. After getting there, I waited for hours in the waiting room while he was in surgery, thinking of the worst and then it quite literally happened. He died in surgery," I explained.

"I'm sorry. Did you ever get married?" Daryl asked.

"No. Mitch and I were just boyfriend and girlfriend, expecting a baby together," I answered.

"Do you miss him?" Daryl asked.

"Yeah. A part of me will always miss him, but do I cry anymore about it? No. Once the grief is over, you learn to move past the heartache," I said.

"I hope you don't ever endure anymore grief," Daryl said.

"Daryl, you and I both know that I will. We both will," I said.

"Still doesn't hurt to have hope," Daryl said.

"That is true, Daryl Dixon. That is very true," I said.

We then smiled at each other before we finally arrived at CDC...