Back At The Farm

Chapter 37

Once we arrived back at camp, Daryl went to go give Carol the flower while I went into our tent, the one that Glenn had set up for us earlier. I noticed Alicia was sleeping in it and smiled before kissing her goodnight. After doing this, I walked towards the house and headed upstairs and into Caroline's bedroom. I began to smile as I noticed the colour everywhere before I received the box from underneath the bed. I then sat down on the bed and began to look through the box.

Looking through the box, I saw pictures. Pictures of my family and friends. Everything Caroline had saved from before all of this. I continued to smile at everything before I finally found the letters. They went tied together with a rubber band before I began to read them. I read through all of them and as I read every single word, a tear began to fall down my cheek. Once I had finally finished reading them, I instantly began putting everything back into the box and the recorder along with it. I then held these close before I suddenly heard a knock at the door. It was Jason.

"Hey," Jason said.

"Hey," I said.

"What are you doing?" Jason asked.

"Reading Caroline's letters she wrote for me. After finding a video recorder today with a message from Caroline, she told me where her letters were. She wanted me to read them," I said.

"You found a video of her?" Jason questioned.

"Yeah, in a house she was staying at. It was a letter to me, apparently like the ones she normally does," I said.

"Can I see it?" Jason asked.

"Sure," I answered before handing the recorder to him so he could watch Caroline's video.

Once he was done, Jason handed me the recorder back and I watched as he wiped away his tears.

"Now that you're in here, I have something for you," Jason said before walking out of the room for a moment while I sat on the bed, waiting for Jason to return.

After returning, he brought in a duffle bag and placed it on the bed.

"We found this the day we left home. It was the spare weapons you left behind. I was going to give this to you sooner but Caroline wanted to do it with me as a present for you. 'A welcome home present', as she called it," Jason said.

I then began to look through the duffle bag and saw several guns and knives that I had left behind before looking back up to Jason and saying...

"Thank you," I said.

"No problem. I know how much these meant to you," Jason said.

"They were my grandfather's. I remember him showing me how to shoot before he died. It was one of the best times of my life," I said, smiling as I looked at my weapons.

I then got up and hugged him before leaving beginning to leave the room with my duffle bag and Caroline's box. However, as I did this, Jason said...

"You know, she wouldn't mind you sleeping here," Jason said.

"Maybe not but, this is her room. This is Caroline's room. We should leave it ready for her," I said.

Jason agreed before we both left the room and I turned out the light and closed the door. Once I did this, Jason headed off to his room while I headed downstairs and outside the house to my tent. After reaching my tent, I walked in and put my things away before climbing into bed with Daryl and feeling his arms wrap around me.

"You good?" Daryl asked.

"Yeah, I'm good," I answered.

I then began to slowly drift off, feeling the warmth of Daryl's body comfort me...