Bye, Bye Gavin

Chapter 41

After some hours of sleeping, I felt someone pulling on my arm, causing me to wake up instantly. I then began to look at the person pulling my arm and saw it was Gavin. I began to blink several times, trying to figure out whether this was real or a dream before he said...

"Skyler, there is something that I need to show you," Gavin said.

"Can it wait?" I asked as I looked over at Daryl and noticed he was still asleep.

"No, it can't. This is urgent," Gavin said.

I nodded before I slowly began to get up, doing my best to not wake Daryl and remembering to be careful of my stitches. I then followed Gavin out of the room and out of the house before walking along and towards the barn. As I walked towards it, I began to remember the last time I was near the barn. It was when I nearly shot Gavin. It was ironic to think that the second time I was here, I was with the same person as last time. I began to wonder what Gavin was going to show me and whether I could trust him or not but despite all of this, I continued to follow him along at my own pace. Taking little breaks in-between to keep me going. This continued for a while before we finally reached the barn.

As we did this, Gavin went up the ladder standing against the barn before helping me up. Once we reached the top, I began to wonder what I was doing before I suddenly heard the sound of growling below. I watched as Gavin took out his torch before shining it down at the bottom of the barn, revealing all of the walkers down below. I stood in shock, not knowing what to say or do before Gavin finally said...

"I was nearby the barn earlier and all of a sudden, I heard the sound of growling and immediately went to check it out before I found this. Once I found this, I wasn't sure what to do but I realized that you would probably be the best person to talk to about this," Gavin said.

"Glad you did. Come on, let's go and tell the others," I said as I began to walk off.

However, after saying this, I realized Gavin wasn't moving, causing me to turn around and walk over to Gavin before saying...

"What's the matter with you?, let's go and tell the others," I said as I stood in front of him.

"No. You're not going anywhere," Gavin said as he turned off his torch and put it back in his pocket.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

Just then, I noticed a sick smile appear on Gavin's face before he shoved me off of the side and let me hang on the side as walkers began grabbing at my legs. I began to fight them off my feet while continuing to cling to the side with just my hands. I watched as Gavin's sick smile continued to stay on his face before I said...

"You bastard, how long have you been planning this?" I asked.

"Ever since you came back. I mean, I did wonder whether I should do this sooner but I thought I would at least give you a couple of days with your family and friends before I'd kill you," Gavin said.

"I know you hadn't changed. You never would in a million years," I said.

"You're wrong, I would have for Helen, I did for her. If you didn't come back and ruin everything for me, I wouldn't have had to do this," Gavin said.

"And I'm guessing you knew about the barn the entire time?" I questioned.

"Yes. In fact, I've helped keep them fed. I'm like apart of the family," Gavin said.

"You will never be family," I said.

"You're wrong Skye. It's the other way around, you will never be family," Gavin said before stepping on one of my hands, causing me to let go of the side and only be hanging by one hand.

As I did this, I began to use my other hand to hold my stomach, making sure my stitches didn't break open.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked.

"You ruined my life and now, I'm going to end yours," Gavin said before getting ready to step on my other hand.

However, as he did this, I saw someone grab him from behind and shove him off of the side and onto the ground where the walkers began ripping him apart as he screamed. After seeing this, I suddenly noticed who it was that saved me. It was Glenn. He instantly rushed over to me and helped me up before holding me in his arms as I began to cry, feeling the shock of everything that just happened. I began shaking all over as I watched as he was eaten before I finally wiped my tears and walked over to the side before saying...

"Bye, bye Bastard," I said as Glenn stood at my side.

I then began hugging him again, feeling the comfort of my best friend after the trauma I just endured...