Final Birthday Gifts

Chapter 49

"We couldn't just leave him behind. He would have bled out... if he had lived that long," Rick said.

It had barely been ten minutes and we were already halfway into our discussion about this kid named Randall. Most of us were sitting down while Rick spoke, but the rest of us stood.

"What do we do with him?" Andrea asked.

Just then, Hershel came in.

"I repaired his cast muscle as best as I can but he'll probably have nerve damage and won't be on his feet for at least a week," Hershel said.

"When he is we'll give him a canteen, take him out to the main road and send him on his way," Rick said as Daryl walked through the door.

"Isn't that the same as leaving him for the walkers?" Andrea questioned.

"He'll have a fighting chance," Rick said.

"You just gonna let him go? He knows where we are," Shane said.

"He was blindfolded the whole way here, he is not a threat," Rick said.

"Not a threat? How many of them were there? You killed three of their men, you took one of them hostage but they just ain't gonna come looking for him?" Shane questioned.

"They left him for dead, no one is looking," Rick said, raising his voice a little.

"We should still post a guard," T-Dog said.

"He's out cold right now. Will be for hours," Hershel said.

"You know what?, I'm gonna go and get his some flowers and some candy," Shane said before beginning to walk off.

As he did this, he said...

"Look at this folks, we're back in fantasy land," Shane said.

"You know we haven't even dealt with what you did at my barn yet," Hershel said, stopping Shane from walking off.

Shane then turned before Hershel said...

"Let me just make this perfectly clear once and for all. This is my farm and I wanted you gone, Rick talked me out of it but that doesn't mean I have to like it. So do us both a favour, keep your mouth shut," Hershel said.

Shane nodded before walking off and out of the house.

"Look, we're not gonna do anything about it today. Let's just cool off," Rick said before everyone began to walk off.

Once they did this, I took Alicia's hand and headed outside with her for a minute and began walking along with her in the field.

"So what did you want to talk about?" Alicia finally asked me.

"How did you know I wanted to talk?" I asked.

"Because you always walk me off somewhere away from everyone else to talk," Alicia said.

"Okay, you caught me. I wanted to talk to you about Aunt Caroline and how sorry I am for not being there for you when you needed me," I said.

"It's okay mum, really. I know how hard it was for you to do what you did and I understand why you weren't there. It was your birthday mum, it was hard and I get it," Alicia said.

"You sure?" I questioned.

"Of course mum," Alicia said.

I then stopped walking and crouched down before saying...

"I love you," I said.

"I love you mum," Alicia said.

I then hugged her for a moment before letting go and saying...