At The Farm

Chapter 32

Once we arrived back at the farm, we spotted Rick and Hershel outside before Rick began to walk towards us. As this happened, our horses stopped and Lori got off and began to hug Rick, crying as she did. He cried as well before they finally headed inside together to see Carl. After they headed inside, Maggie and I headed to the stables and put the horses away before we walked back to the house. As I did this, I noticed Hershel was still outside. He was sitting down for a moment before arising as we walked towards him. Maggie and I then continued to walk before we reached the house and Hershel said...

"I'm so happy to have all my girls together again," Hershel said.

"Me too," Maggie said as she smiled at me.

I then smiled back before we all hugged and as we did, I began to feel so happy to have my family back. Well, at least most of them. The only one that was missing in my life now was Caroline.

After we had a family moment, we all headed back inside where Hershel continued to care for Carl while Maggie and I headed upstairs. Once we got upstairs, I began to look around and saw all the different bedrooms before I saw my old one, which was where Alicia and Jason were laying on. They were both asleep. Maggie and I instantly walked in before I put a blanket over them, making them feel warm and cosy.

"She's beautiful. She looks just like you," Maggie said.

"Apart from the hair. She got that from my dad," I said.

"She's got your strength as well," Maggie said.

"I know. She's been so strong this whole time, especially for her age," I said.

"We should let them sleep," Maggie said as she headed towards the door.

I nodded before closing the door and heading into Maggie's room. As we did, I instantly sat on the bed and she did the same before I began to let my mind wonder off for a second. Thinking about what I needed to do now. Maggie saw this before saying...

"What is it?" Maggie asked.

"I need to find Caroline. Not just for me, but for Jason and Alicia. Jason needs his sister and Alicia needs her aunt. I have to find her. I just have to," I said as I teared up.

"I'll help you. I promise," Maggie said.

"Thank you," I said as tears rolled down my cheeks.

"I've missed this," Maggie said.

"I've missed this too," I said.

We then hugged each other before I noticed it was getting dark.

"It's getting dark out," I said as we stopped hugging.

"Yeah, I should probably go and keep watch," Maggie said as we got up and headed out of the room.

I then watched as Maggie headed down the stairs while I stayed for a minute to take a look around. However, after a minute of looking around, I finally heard a door close before I saw my mother standing there, looking straight at me. I then attempted to walk away before she finally said...

"Skylar. Please don't go," Helen said, causing me to turn and face her.

"What do you want Helen?" I asked.

"I wanted to talk to you about something," Helen said.

"What about? Oh wait, let me guess. You wanna talk about how I nearly shot the devil today. No wait, you wanna talk about the fact that you chose your rapist of a husband over your daughter today," I said.

"Um... actually no. I wanted to talk about my granddaughter. I want to get a chance to know her," Helen said.

Hearing this, I began to have tears forming in my eyes. After everything that I had been through, I couldn't believe that she wasn't even going to say two words to me about how glad she was to see that I was okay, or ask me how I even got here. She said absolutely nothing like that to me.

"No. No way. Alicia is staying away from Gavin and away from you," I said.

"Please Skylar, I wanna know her," Helen pleaded.

"Well tough, because you lost of the right of getting to know any of my children a long time ago," I said as tears rolled down my cheeks.

"Skylar please," Helen pleaded again.

"No! No! You're are going nowhere near her okay? Not you and not Gavin, because I am not letting my daughter anywhere near the man who raped her mother! She deserves better than that! My daughter deserves better than that!" I cried.

"Skylar I-" Helen said before I interrupted her.

"Don't. I wanted to give you a second chance a long time ago, but it's clear now that I was wrong to even consider it. You don't care about me, you never have, and as soon as I find Caroline and a missing girl from my camp, we'll be gone... with Jason and Caroline. So do me a favour, leave us all alone," I said before heading down the stairs and outside the door.

As I headed out, I spotted Maggie sitting there before she spotted me with tears rolling down my cheeks.

"Skye? What's wrong?" Maggie asked as she arose from her chair.

I began to cry into her arms before we sat down together as I began to tell her everything that had just happened...