A Hard Day

Chapter 38

The next morning we all got up, ate breakfast and began deciding which route to take to try and find Caroline and Sophia...

"Alright, everyone's getting new search grids today. If they made at as far as the farmhouse, like you both said, Daryl and Skye, they might have gone further east then we've been so far," Rick said.

"I'd like to help," someone said from behind.

We instantly turned and were shocked to see Jimmy standing there.

"I know the area pretty well and stuff," Jimmy said.

"Hershel's okay with this?" Rick questioned.

"Yeah, yeah. He said I should ask you," Jimmy said.

"Alright then, thanks," Rick said.

"I don't know what Daryl found, screams Sophia to me. Anyone could have been hold up in that farmhouse," Shane said.

"Anybody includes her, right?" Andrea asked.

"If my sister was there then so could have been Sophia," I said.

"Well whoever slept in that covers couldn't be any bigger than yay high," Daryl said.

"Good lead," Andrea said.

"Maybe we'll pick up their trail," Rick said.

"No maybe about it. Skye and I are gonna borrow two horses, head up to this ridge right here, take a bird's-eye view of the whole grid. If they're up there, we'll spot them," Daryl said as he began pointing to the map.

"Good idea. Maybe you'll see your Chupacabra up there too," T-Dog joked.

"Chupacabra?" Rick questioned.

"What you never heard this? The first night in camp, Daryl tells us that the whole thing reminds him of a time when he went squirrel hunting and he saw a Chupacabra," Dale explained.

"What're you braying at jackass?" Daryl asked Jimmy.

"So you believe in a blood-sucking dog?" Rick questioned.

"You believe in dead people walking around?" Daryl questioned, winning the argument.

Just then, Jimmy began to grab one of the guns on the hood of the car before Rick stopped him and said...

"Hey, hey. Ever fired one before?" Rick asked.

"Well, if I'm going out I want one," Jimmy said.

"Yeah, and people in hell want slurpies," Daryl said before putting on the strap of his crossbow and walking off.

I then followed him off to the stables before we went and grabbed two horses. I grabbed Blackthorne while Daryl grabbed another before we rode off to the ridge to look for Caroline and Sophia...

After some hours had past, we finally spotted a doll teddy bear down by a river. It was Sophia's. She was given it by Eliza Morales, the daughter of Morales. Daryl instantly picked it up, began calling her name before attaching the bear to himself and getting back on the horse. Once we did that, we continued to ride along, looking for them. After some time had past, Daryl finally broke the silence and said...

"Hey I never asked you about how you became so good at riding," Daryl said.

"Well, after staying here at the farm for a while, I began to adapt to what was around me. That included riding," I said.

"Anything else that you can do that I should know about?" Daryl asked.

"I can ride a motorcycle," I stated.