Getting Lori

Chapter 31

Arriving at the stables, I instantly began to walk past the different horses, looking for my one; Blackthorne. I had left her here for them to take care of her while I was away. This was to give them a part of me that stayed behind. She was the only horse I rode when I was younger and till this day, I still only ride her. After a few moments, I finally stopped her and instantly began to get her ready for riding while Maggie did the same with another horse. Once we had done this, we both got on our horses.

"You sure you remember how to ride a horse?" Maggie asked.

"Riding is in my bones. I remember," I said before riding off.

Maggie then followed me and we were off. We were off to get Lori. As we rode across the field, I noticed Maggie had a bat with her before I said...

"That's your weapon?" I questioned.

"Best we've got. Daddy doesn't like us using guns unless we have to," Maggie said.

"Smart," I said.

"What about you?, what's your weapon?" Maggie asked.

"I have several but my bow is the one I never go without," I said.

"Can't believe you still like archery," Maggie said.

"Well, it was my favourite weapon as a child," I said.

We then continued to ride before we entered the woods. Heading in, I continued to lead the way before Maggie said...

"I noticed you have a little girl," Maggie said.

"Yeah. I know, it's been a while," I said.

"Where's her dad?" Maggie asked.

"Dead. He died in a car accident before all of this," I said.

"I'm sorry," Maggie said.

"It's okay. It was a long time ago. I noticed that Shawn and Annette aren't around. Did they-" I began to ask before Maggie interrupted me.

"They're dead. Got bit after the apocalypse started," Maggie said.

"I'm sorry," I said.

"That's okay. Did you see your family?" Maggie asked.

"Yeah. I saw Jason. I also saw Helen and Gavin, and I know about Caroline. I'm grateful to you for looking for her," I said.

"No gratitude needed. We're family, that's what we do for each other," Maggie said.

I smiled to this before saying...

"They went this way," I said.

Maggie nodded before we rode of, looking for Lori and the group. All of a sudden, I spotted from a distance, Andrea struggling to fight off a walker. I instantly rode towards her quickly before getting my bow out and shooting the walker. Once this was done, I instantly slowed down before stopping in front of the group and Maggie did the same.

"Lori. Lori Grimes," Maggie said.

"Skye, what's going on?" Lori questioned.

"Rick sent us, we got to go now," I said as Daryl threw my arrow at me before I caught it and put it away with my bow.

"What?" Lori questioned.

"There's been an accident. Carl's been shot. He's still alive but you've got to come now," I said.

Lori didn't say anything and didn't move.

"Rick needs you, just come!" I ordered.

Lori then took off her backpack and got into my horse. After she did this, Daryl said...

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Skye, who is this girl?" Daryl asked.

"It's okay Daryl, she's family," I said.

"Rick said you had the others on the highway, that big traffic snarl?" Maggie questioned.

"Uh huh," Glenn said.

"Backtrack to Fairburn Road. Two miles down is our farm. You'll see a mailbox. The names Greene," Maggie said.

Once we said this, Maggie and I turned around in the other direction and rode off back to the farm...