Meeting Daryl Dixon

Chapter 2

As I walked through the woods, I began to spot a couple walkers just wandering around and looking very bored. They clearly hadn't eaten in a while and were just looking for anything living to eat, which is why they walked pretty fast when they saw me coming.

"Well hello to you too," I said before firing several arrows at their heads, killing them instantly.

Once they were all dead, I rushed over and reclaimed my arrows before continuing through the woods to find food. After walking through the woods for sometime, I finally found a couple of animals scattered about. I then began to fire my arrows at the animals before collecting my food. I continued to do this for a while, making sure I had plenty to bring back to the camp. This was easy for me to do as hunting was one of the things that I was skilled in. I had been hunting since I was a child with my dad so I would always remember what to do if I ever grew hungry and had no food. He knew that this was an important survival technique that I needed to learn, no matter what happened. This was the only father-daughter thing we ever did.

After some time of hunting, I began to head back to the camp. I had realized that it was getting late and I had clearly got enough food for the camp for one night. However, as I began to head back, all of a sudden, I spotted a rabbit. Seeing this, I instantly fired at it before walking over to claim my prize. However, as I walked over to it, all of a sudden, another arrow shot at it. I began to look around me, searching for the person who's arrow this belonged to before seeing a brown haired man standing at the top of a hill with a crossbow in his hands. He had several animals attached to his belt just like I had, making me realize that he was a hunter. After some time of just standing there and looking at him, my eyes went back to the rabbit before I picked it up and pulled my arrow out of it. I then pulled out the other arrow, belonging to the other hunter before getting ready to give it back to him.

"I believe this is yours," I said, referring to the arrow.

"That's not the only thing that's mine," he said before walking down the hill and reaching the ground where I was.

"You mean this rabbit?, I'm sorry but this rabbit is mine," I said before tossing the arrow in front of his feet.

"My arrow was in it, that means it's mine," he said.

"My arrow killed it. Yours was just to make sure it was dead," I said.

"I won't say it again," he said.

"Good. Glad we won't be repeating ourselves," I said.

"Your choice," he said before rushing towards me and attempting to take me down.

However, after many struggles, he failed and I made him fall to the ground with the rabbit still in hand.

"You're not like other girls," he said as he laid on the floor.

"Good, because I'm a woman," I said, giving him a hand and helping him up.

"I'm Daryl. Daryl Dixon," he said.

"Skyler Jones. Although most people just call me Skye," I said.

"Well Skye, what are you doing out here?" Daryl asked.

"Hunting for the camp. I've just joined your camp," I said.

"You come alone?" Daryl asked.

"No. I came with my daughter, Alicia," I answered.

"You have a daughter?" Daryl questioned.

"Don't sound so surprised, Dixon," I said.

"Sorry, you just don't seem like all the other mothers that I've met," Daryl said.

"Didn't we already decide that I wasn't like everybody else?" I asked.

"I guess so," Daryl said.

"Cool," I said.

"But I'm still gonna want that rabbit back," Daryl said.

"Too bad, I won that rabbit fair and square. Now, I'll see you back at the camp," I said, getting ready to head back to camp.

"Or we could spend a night out in the woods? It would give us a chance to get more food for camp," Daryl said, causing me to stop and turn to face him.

"Are you asking me out, Dixon?" I asked.

"No. Just an idea, it's already dark out," Daryl said.

"Fine, but you are getting the firewood," I said.

"And what will you do?" Daryl asked.

"Keep watch," I answered.

"Fine," Daryl said before walking off to get firewood.

Once he left I began to wonder what I was doing out here. Why was I out here? He wasn't keeping me prisoner, this was my own free will. I had no idea why I chose to stay out but for some reason there was something about Daryl that I was drawn to. Something that felt familiar to me. An understanding. Perhaps Daryl was something my heart knew it needed but my brain hadn't quite caught up to yet. All these thoughts went through my head over and over again right up until Daryl returned...