one

Dallas Knight is and has always only known the streets. It started out in foster care when her supposed Mother abandoned her with firemen, who later took her to a shelter where she was then placed in horrible homes with 'people' who didn't want anything more than the states money.

She was around thirteen when she took off from the home and stole her first car, it was a beaten down rusty ol' thing but it did the trick and somewhere along the way she met Griffin Sanders and they've been close friends all the way up to this very moment.

He was always in her ear about safety and whatnot, because they couldn't go to school without being caught so they taught themselves most of what they know now, which ended up with him being behind the scenes and her being behind the wheel of their car.

"Now don't get cocky with these pricks tonight, they've got nothing on you and you're the best. We don't need to go finding replacement parts tonight." Griffin says now tonight, in her ear standing on the sidelines with his own helmet on.

They were sixteen now, and raced on the streets competitively for money.

"Cocky now? When have you ever known me to be cocky against old fellas who don't know squat about this?" Dallas replies back to him, her fingers grip the wheel lighter now and she lays just that much farther back in her chair, looking to where Griffin's shaking his head on the sidelines laughing.

She revved her engine just for the sake of it, riling up the small crowd that are gathered around tonight as well. The two friends had gotten themselves a reputation on the grounds of street racing, and they reveled in it each time they came out to race.

Something hits her passenger side window, she turns and sees the man next to her with a very revealing helmet covered in dragons with a flamboyant gold motioning for her to roll down the window, Dallas exaggerates her shrug and rolls down the window.

"Top of tha' night to ya man." She salutes, "Now what're you doin' throwing pebbles at my window for?"

"You're going down tonight, just thought you should know Midnight." The man ugly laughs, his double chin visible even with the helmet on, she returns the gesture and he quits his laughter.

"And who's gonna beat me? Surely not you, but I am really excited to see you give it your best shot Salami and Cheese." Dallas replies in full fake giddiness and enthusiasm as she rolls up her window and turns the radio back on.

Griffins voice breaks back onto her earpiece, "They're starting in two, be ready and safe. Put your seatbelt on too you rebel."

Dallas scoffs and puts her seatbelt on, "Fineee."

The course for tonight isn't the longest, it's one lap around the very windy lake that belongs to Malibu and if your car falls in then well it's a goner for sure. The winners take for first place was five hundred dollars, which given the other races they've done wasn't a lot plus most was used on repairs or upgrades to the car.

The flag man is waving his yellow flag around now which means thirty seconds till go time. Dallas puts a gloved hand back on the steering wheel the other readying to go for the gears, and just because she can she turns on her favorite racing song full blast, Highway to Hell and rolls down her passenger window.

The music no doubt pours out of the open space for everyone to hear, "Good luck to ya!" She tells the man who returns with his glares and flips her off.

"Can't say I didn't try." Dallas mutters and rolls the window up, it is not to come back down anymore.

The flag man grabs his green flag, he waves it one, twice, thrice, and then the checkered flag once and immediately Dallas shifts her gear and speeds off in front of everyone.