fifteen

"Damnit." Dallas punches the steering wheel for the umpteenth time tonight.

Griffin wasn't where they were last night, he wasn't at the park, she'd even gone as far as Queens to see if he possibly went back there. He could've just caught a bus and left too, there's that to think about.

She pulls over and stops the car, she needs to come up with something, some sort of landmark or place that Griffin would've gone to. They've only just arrive a short while ago here, there really isn't any place he could go that'd be rememberable.

They hadn't gone anywhere, haven't really visited inside the city much, she'd been the one going to the store all while he worked on the car back at—

Jays. She remembers meeting him a few days ago, maybe a week now. Griffin hadn't really liked him, so she's skeptic, but it's worth a shot to try. The phone had saved a marker to his place so that's where she's heading now.

Dallas really hopes that Griffin will be there, she's exhausted all of her ideas and is tired from waiting all day for people who weren't going to show up. Hopefully he'll be one that does tonight.

He couldn't still be upset at her, he's had all day and night to cool off now, he has to less angry now.

She pulls her car into the long alleyway that leads to a set of apartments in the back, where Jays house is, and parks underneath a covered spot and gets out.

Dallas rubs her arms to warm up, and then walks over to the spot she'd first met Jay, in the moonlight looking at the stars. She finds him standing there without a sweater just like the night she met him, he's cut his hair too, it's no longer a shaggy mess, it's shaved on the sides leaving a hat of hair left on top. It looks nice on him.

"Hey stranger!" She calls, still in the dark and stepping closing.

Jay turns around startled, "Come on out, wherever you are."

He mocks her words from the night they first met. Dallas shakes her head with a chuckle, and takes the final step forward into the moonlight to be seen clearly.

"Hey, good to see you're still around." Jay smiles, he himself takes a step forward and they meet in the middle.

"Yeah," She looks around, "Still here, I'm actually looking for—"

"For Griffin?" Jay concludes.

"Yeah..." Dallas whispers, trailing off into a yawn.

She rubs her face in attempt to rid herself of sleep.

"He's inside, sleeping I think." Jays lip twitches, he turns to his apartment, already grabbing the keys.

"Thank heavens." She whispers.

"No, thank Jay." He chuckles, and opens the door to the stairs. "Come on, ladies first."

Jay in the time she'd known him had been very secretive about his personal life, his watch would beep and then he'd be running off to his apartment without a word more. Now his watch is busted, no longer showing numbers, and he's letting her go inside without hesitance.

"If you insist." Dallas steps inside and looks around.

The stairs go up a few floors, nothing not doable, the walls are old but still standing, no ones outside of their rooms, there's the faint sound of a baby whining in its sleep, but nothing other than that. It's nicer than she expected going off from what the building looks like outside.

"I'm on the third floor, fifth room, come on I'll show you." Jay takes the stairs in twos and even manages threes too.

Dallas follows him up the stairs and to his apartment, Jay opens the door non-hesitant again and allows her inside.