forty

"I feel like Coop." Dallas starts to chuckle.

"No, don't you say that, shut up." Griffin hisses.

Dallas sat with Tony for a long time. The doctors said he had a few broken ribs, and had a head laceration but that he would be fine. All Dallas had to do was help him out if he needed, and to keep him away from the lab for as long as possible.

It turns out that is much harder to do than Dallas expected.

She caught Tony over twenty times trying to sneak down into his lab. It was after the last time that she called in backup, and that is why Captain America was now also on guard duty with her. Rhodey had locked up the lab the last time he was there so it was semi-helpful. But, Tony had his ways.

It is almost one in the morning now, Dallas had been showing Steve a movie that was three hours long so that is why it lead so late into the night, when the floor creaked behind them and they turned to see Tony looking at them wide-eyed before bolting.

"Is he ever going to stop?" Dallas asks while starting to run in sync with Steve as they go down the hallway.

"From my experience, no." He answers.

The hallways curve, and they come to the end empty, no Tony anywhere.

Dallas puts her hands on her knees to catch her breath. It might not have been much running, but she was getting out of shape.

"Where'd he go?" She pants.

Steve gets this look in his eye.

"He must've used one of his secret stairways. We have to get to the lab." He says, and then takes off in the direction they just came from to get the lab stairway.

Dallas stands back up straight, "Why is everyone so fast?" She asks herself, and takes off after Steve.

She runs to where the lab is. How Tony runs with his condition, she does not know. It is probably a superhero thing. As she nears the top of the stairs she hears Steve already arguing with Tony.

"You can't keep doing this, Tony." Steve stresses.

"It's my lab, and I should be able to go into it whenever I want." Tony says back.

"You heard Cho, you only have a few more days until you're cleared. Do you really want to risk hurting yourself and not be cleared as soon?" Steve asks.

Tony huffs, "I am so bored, Cap. I can't be cooped up in that bed all day anymore, it's boring." He exclaims.

Dallas goes down the steps, Steve has his hands on his hips, and Tony looks defiant.

"Tony, come on." Dallas pipes in.

Tony looks at her, and then back to Steve.

"This is imprisonment." He says, but starts back up the stairs anyway, passing Dallas as he does so.

Steve comes up the steps after him, and pauses by Dallas. He puts his hand on her should, he shakes his head.