thirty-eight

Dallas met a man named Foggy late in the morning the next day once she woke up, and he came in with his key. She had been just waking up when the man waltzed in, looked at her then to Matt and then back at her and did not even question their situation.

He had said something along the lines of,
"I don't want to know." While shaking his head.

She gathered her things, relying heavily on Matt and Foggy to help her around to her disliking, and as she said good bye and thank you to Matt he handed her a pair of glasses and a baseball cap and hoodie since her jacket had torn everywhere.

Dallas had never asked for these, and looked up to ask him about it but he just insisted them into her arms saying, "You're famous, word gets out you're walking the streets of Hells Kitchen with a man looking like that, you'll never be left alone."

"Thank you, for everything." She told him, and left it at that.

They found her car three miles down the street, it was hell to walk it with her leg, and showed her just how right Matt was about her being incapable to drive. The car, it was still intact, no one had broken into it, which was good.

Dallas tosses the keys over to Foggy, who fumbles to catch them before unlocking the car. She goes around to the trunk first.

"Let me see the keys." She says, and he hands them to her.

She puts her trashed helmet in the trunk, next to her racing suit that she should have worn during the race but chose not to. Dallas shakes her head, and slams the trunk down. Then gives Foggy the keys, and goes to the passenger side.

Dallas more or less falls into the seat once she gets the door open. The relief it gives her leg is heavenly, and makes her wonder is she really did need a doctor. It did not matter, she did not want one. She was still breathing, and had gone through something similar to this when Cooper was still alive.

Foggy starts up the car silently, and pulls out of the alley. It's silent except for her breathing, and the cars engine roaring. The sound only reminds her of her mistake to trust someone new, to think that they were her friend even. Stupid.

They pass many buildings that she has not seen before on their way back, there was even one that was well kept and was branded RAND kind of like the Avengers Tower had the A.

Somewhere along the way Dallas falls asleep. Sleep was like a cocoon, one that sheltered you from all of the pain when you were awake. It heals you while you aren't even conscious to feel any of it, it's nice...but it does not last forever.

She is shaken awake gently, and opens her eyes still in her car, still hurt, and feeling every inch of it. She winces when she sits up, her hand flying up to her side to hold it for a minute.

"We're here. I don't know where to go from here." Foggy says, softly which felt nice on the head.

"See that garage down there? Drive through there, it will recognize the car." Dallas explains, and Foggy does this.

It takes a few minutes before the garage opens, which should have been the first indicator that something was off. But her mind could not register it, it wants to sleep again. She sure wakes up a lot once the car is parked, and Foggy is all but ripped out of the car once he opens the door.

She sits there for a second, registering what had just happened.

She hears, "Who the hell are you, and why do you have my daughter?" Tony.

Dallas still in the comfy sweater Matt gave her, except the hat is in the car and she wears the hood, she keeps the glasses on when she gets out of the car, fast for someone in her state, it hurts more than she expected.