thirty-two

Tony had a good morning.

He started it off by finishing a project in his lab that had been started the previous night, and that accomplishment sent him back up to his personal floor for coffee in a good mood. It was quiet on his floor, Dallas was probably sleeping in the room he set up for her, and Pepper was already working so it was just him and his nice cup of coffee.

He got dressed, and decided to go to the communal floor to see if anyone was there to bug before his meeting at three that afternoon. As Tony walked in he saw discarded blankets on the couch, an open ceiling vent, bread crumbs all around the toaster, and new grocery bags from that store Bruce likes to shop at. It seemed like everyone had already started their day and weren't here.

The elevator had dinged as he went to leave, but Bruce walked in and went into the kitchen, and grabbed some berries out of the fridge.

"Hey, Tony." Bruce greeted him.

"How's it going, Bruce? Went shopping today I see, I thought Nat was out on a mission?" Tony said, remembering she left that morning.

"Right, I forgot she did. But, no, your kid actually took me. She's a good kid, acts like you." Bruce pointed out with a chuckle.

Tony had narrowed his eyes on his close science bro, "Uh-huh, you're just saying that. Anyway, I'm about to head off to a meeting. Any chance you know where Dallas is then?"

"Nope, sorry Tony, I got to get back to my project it's time sensitive, bye." Bruce said and scrambled out with his berries.

Tony frowned and pulled out his phone. He had a small conversation with Dallas, she was safe and with her friend, he had just wished she had told him before leaving. If the kid had enough in her to book it out of here once what's to say she wouldn't again. Tony just wanted to make sure she felt welcomed, and wants to spend more time with her to get to know her better.

"Sir, your meeting is beginning on floor six." JARVIS told him.

He had already missed the start of his meeting, dampening his mood from the morning, and was about to head off to it when someone fell out of the ceiling vent and missed the couch, ultimately hitting the floor hard.

"Clint." Tony says.

"Tony, I gotta-gotta tell you something." Clint coughs and points at Tony.

"I don't have time I'm late for my meeting. Tell me later." Tony tries to leave.

"Wait! It's important, stop." Clint says, trying to collect himself off of the floor.

So this is how Tony's good morning attitude turns into a annoyed afternoon attitude.

"It'll be important later then, Hawkass, I have to go now." Tony tells him trying to get it through his thick skull.

"It's about your, kid." Clint says, and that is what stops Tony.

Tony puts his hands on his hips. "Yeah. I know she left and where she is, thanks though."

"No, it's not that. Tony, I think she's in real trouble." Clint says seriously. And Clint is never serious.

"Explain." Tony says.

"I was in the vents about to come out when I overheard her on the phone with somebody. She sounded scared, and kept talking about money. I don't know who it was she was talking to, but after the call ended Dallas asked JARVIS for the most low key exit and left in a hurry." Clint explains.

Tony closes his eyes, "Find out this persons name and bring it straight to me. It's not the first time I've dealt with money threats, I'll talk to her tonight."