eight

"What?" Griffin blurts.

"Yeah he's gonna show us around a bit." Dallas says.

"Why though?"

"Because he offered to."

"We don't even know this guy, what if he tries to take our stuff?"

"No offense but I don't want anything you have, dude." Jay says now.

"Oh shut up." Griffin snaps.

"I'm talking to my—"

"Girlfriend, eh?" Jay quips and nudges Griffin a bit, he just shrugs the other guy off.

"No, she's not–we're just friends..." Griffin responds, brows furrowing and eyes darting multiple places in the air. Odd. He seems flustered.

"Well I don't really care what you two are, if you don't want to come then don't. It's that simple, I know Dallas wants to go. Right Dallas?" Jay starts by looking at Griffin then at his last question both boys heads turn to face her, she's getting a feeling that picking sides won't end well.

She also knows that Griffin is stubborn, and he doesn't want to get attached here. But what's one person showing them around going to do?

"I do want to see the city, so hop in the boat or jump ship Griff." Dallas decides, Griffin will no doubt follow along she knows he will.

Griffin huffs and crosses his arms over his chest, and looks up at the sky for a moment then looks back to Jay and glares, then his eyes reach hers again and soften. "Fine. But if he tries to take our stuff I'm punching him."

"Fair." Dallas agrees.

"You talk about punching me like I'm not standing right here!" Jay complains.

His outfit is different today, still the same jeans but now he's wearing a light red t-shirt, his dark hair is tousled fresh with water that makes it even curlier than what it must normally be like and he's wearing glasses now. Big and round, they project his bright shade of emerald eyes. He has braces too that are visible in the sun each time he talks.

Griffin starts to walk back to the car, Jay calls him back.

"Hey! Where are you going, dude? We're going to be...let's go with walking around." Jay shouts to him.

"The car would be faster, won't it?" Griffin stalks back over.

"Not how I'm going to show you around, no." Jay says, he's obviously a few inches taller than Griffin.

"And how exactly are we getting around the city then?" Dallas chimes in.

Jay smirks, "Simple. We parkour."

"No no no, that sounds like a horribly unsafe way to get around that's going to end with up all splat on the concrete." Griffin waves the boy off, of course he does. Cue the safety Mom.

"Sounds fun actually." Dallas finds herself going against Griffin on this one, and the more the two boys disagree the longer they'll be wasting precious time not exploring Manhattan.

"Follow if you want, as I said if you don't want to come then don't it doesn't affect me in anyway whether you do or not." Jay says rolling his eyes finally, getting annoyed at Griffin.

Jay walks away from them and walks to the dirty building, he looks up and Dallas sees he's looking at a chained up ladder. Jay jumps and heaves himself up on top, and goes up the side of the wall his fingers digging into a indent in the wall and he leaps for a pole and eventually has climbed up the building.