I

Kendal:

God, I really wish Racheal wouldn't have talked me into this. I did some research before I came and the Dolans have been through 10 assistants in the past 2 months and no one really knows why. That's reassuring. I'm sure I'll love this job. Hint the sarcasm.

I climb out of the taxi to take in the largest building in the whole city. It reflects the puffy white clouds due to its mass amount of windows and even though it's breath taking it's still intimidating.

The taxi pulls away from the curb with a small roar. This is it. It's now or never.

I tug my pencil skirt down self consciously as I take in my surroundings one last time. My grip on my file tightens as I take my first step towards the massive building. Well it's not even a building it's like a small empire of you ask me.

I tuck my hair behind my ear as my heels click against the concrete. I swing the glossy glass doors open to be greeted with a buzz of busy people.

I instantly become ten times more intimidated by this whole situation. Women wear slim skirts and stilettos while men wear tailored suits. Everyone here looks important.

I thank myself for dressing in my nicest outfit possible. I make my way towards the lady sitting at the large circular desk. She glances up at me and I almost hate her instantly.

"What brings you to Dolan Enterprise?" She ask in a non emotional tone. The sad part is she'd be drop dead gorgeous if she had a better attitude.

"I Uh have an interview for the assistant opening." I finally choke out. "Kendal Monroe?" She ask after she presses a couple of keys on her computer. I just nod.

"53rd floor." She says flatly. "Thank you." I mutter quickly before I turn on my heels and make my way towards the sleek silver elevators.

There's at least five elevators lining the wall but I hit the up button on the one closest to the entrance of the building.

The elevator lets out a dull ding as it's doors glide open. I step in with a big breath. I click the '53' as I listen to the disgusting music blare through the speakers.

I tuck my bottom lip between my teeth as I rock back and forth in anticipation. I've never been this nervous.

The elevator door finally opens and my heart hammers against my chest. I step out to see two big offices. One for each Dolan.

"Left one." The lady right outside the offices mutter. "Thank you." I smile nervously.

I make my way to the left one to see the fogged glass door with the name 'Ethan Dolan' printed on it in shiny gold letters.

I lift my fist and bring it back down to let a soft knock flow through the office. "Come in." I hear a deep raspy voice from the other side say.

I slowly open the door and peak my head in. The office is far larger than I expected. I close the door softly behind me.

He still hasn't acknowledged my presence as he remains taking in the city from his large window.

"Take a seat." He finally says as he turns around from the window and buttons the small button on his suit.

I take a seat in the leather chair in front of his desk hesitantly. This man is even hotter than he is in all of the tabloids and I find it hard to take my eyes off of him.

He had dark locks that are messily sat on top of his head but still manage to look perfect. His eyes are a bright hazel and they compliment his tan skin. His jaw could cut you and he was practically busting out of his suit. He definitely worked out frequently.

"Kendal Monroe correct?" He ask as he walks to the front of his desk and leans against it with his hands burried in his pants pockets. I just nod.

"You're here for the assistant opening I'm assuming." He says flatly. His stare is so intimidating and I find it hard to speak. "Y-yes sir." I stammer.

"Don't stutter sweetheart." He grins. I just nod and look down at the file sat in my lap.

"This job is very demanding Ms. Monroe." He warns as he stands up straight, no longer leaning on his desk. "It takes a lot to be my assistant." So I'm just his assistant? I figured I'd be working for both.

Maybe now I won't be too busy. I could probably handle just one of them.

"I'm aware sir." I murmur. "Good. You're hired." He says quickly. My head shoots up to lock eyes with him again.

"But sir you haven't even looked at my uh resume." I stutter. He chuckles as he leans in close to me with both hands on either arm of the chair.

"I've seen enough sweetheart." He smirks. My heart is busting out of my chest due to the close proximity and my palms are even more sweaty than they were before.

"Be here at 9 am sharp." He says sternly. I just nod.

"Wear something nice." He says standing up and walking back to his window. "Yes Mr. Dolan." I choke.

"You're cute when you stutter." He grins. The compliment warms my cheeks as I stand from my seat.

"I'll see you tomorrow Mr. Dolan." I say as calmly as possible. He just flashes me one last grin as I swing the fogged glass door open.

What did I get myself into?

"I'll see you tomorrow." The lady at the desk says as I make my way to the elevator. This makes me confused because she seemed so sure of herself. Did she hear us?

I shake it off as I step into the elevator. I sigh as I press the lobby button.

God, I need to talk to Racheal ASAP. This is her fault after all.

Word count 1011