LI

Ethan

I flash Kendal a quick glance as if I'm telling her to stay. I know exactly what will happen if she comes out. She'll get hurt and I don't think I could live with myself if that happened. I'm already beating myself up for getting her in this situation.

"I said come out now!" Drake yells. My heart rate picks up as she steps out.

"Don't fucking touch her!" I say sternly as I keep my gun pointed at his head. "Now why would I do that?" Drake smirks as he moves his gun to her head.

"Come here sweetheart." He calls to her. She flashes me look of terror and my heart shatters. I want so bad to just tell her I'll get her out of this but I can't.

He wraps his arm around her and her back is pressed to his chest as the gun rest on her temple. "You shoot, I shoot." He murmurs.

"Don't drag her into this. It's actually me you want." I spit as I continue to hold the gun steady.

Tears stream down Kendal's face as she wiggles around in hopes to get out. My blood boils as I take her in.

"Grayson go get the bag." I say not taking my eyes off of Drake. He knows exactly what I'm talking about and he's hesitant to leave me alone in this situation but he soon leaves.

"I'm assuming you brought what I want?" He ask boldly. "You only get it if you take your hands off her." I spit.

"I'm a man of my word." Is all he says. The statement sets me off. He kidnapped my girlfriend and he's trying to convince me he's a trustworthy man.

Grayson comes back in with the black duffel bag that's packed full of cash. Drake smiles at the sight.

"Now hand me it and I'll let her go." He says with the smile still on his face. I watch him closely and glance at Kendal. She's breathing heavy and I know she's scared.

"Grayson give it to him." I say firmly. Grayson sets the bag on the ground and kicks it and I watch it slide across the floor until it sits right in front of Drake's feet.

"$20,000." I say. He smiles and lets go of Kendal and opens the bag. He takes in all the cash as Kendal moves away from him hesitantly. She's so scared she has no clue of what to do.

Drake stands back up and adrenaline kicks in. I run towards Kendal and reach for her but he's too quick. He holds her close yet again with the gun to her head.

"You got the money!" I shout. "Wow. You really do care for her don't you?" Drake taunts.

"Let go of her!" I say sternly. He just chuckles dryly.

"I'm sure she'll be more than happy to stay here." He says planting a kiss to her head. A big sob exits her mouth and that does it for me.

I aim the gun straight at his head and pull the trigger. Kendal lets out a scream as his grip loosens and he falls to the ground.

I'm quick to put my gun away and run towards her. She falls to the ground as even more tears fall from her face.

"Hey hey. You're okay." I murmur as I take her into my arms. "Gray and I are here. It's okay." I say as I rock her back and forth and run my fingers through her tangled hair.

Her little arms wraps around me as she buries her head into my chest. It's almost as if she can't believe I'm actually here.

"It's okay. I'm here. I'm here." I murmur into her ear. She continues to cry as I hold her. My breathing is heavy as I try and hold myself together.

"The police are on their way." Grayson says as he rushes back into the house. I nod to him as I continue and enjoy the presence of Kendal in my arms. I could've lost this feeling forever.

It only takes a few minutes for the sound of sirens to reach the driveway. "I'm gonna take you to the car okay?" I ask Kendal and she just nods. She's still scared beyond words.

I pick her up bridal style as I carry her out of the house. "I'll talk to them." Grayson says, referring to the police. I just nod as I carry Kendal all the way to the car.

I help her into the passengers seat and then I make my way to the other side to start the car. It's hot outside and I know she'd be dying without the air conditioner. I turn on the air conditioner and roll down the window.

Her eyes fall onto all the flashing lights. "I'm gonna go talk to them. I'll be right back." I say quickly as I close the door quietly. She just nods.

Kendal

I watch Ethan walk up to the police. They all seem calm as if they saw this coming. I wonder if they knew about drake before all of this.

A cop glances at me before he makes his way into the colossal house. I don't know what to say or do. I don't even know what to think about all of this.

If I listen hard enough I can almost hear Ethan and the head of police's conversation. "We've been keeping our eyes on him ever since you mentioned the type of business he was in months ago." The cop states.

"Why didn't you lock him up before he hurt my girlfriend?" Ethan ask with anger laced in his voice.

"We had no solid proof. There was no reason to lock him up. The bastards good at staying under the radar." The cop explains. Ethan just shakes his head as I watch Grayson appear from the house with the big duffel bag. I know what's inside. Probably a good idea not to leave it laying around.

"I assure you, we'll take care of it Mr. Dolan." The cop says in a deep authoritative voice.

Word count 1027