VI

Kendal

"I bet you're hungry." Ethan blurts. I don't know what to say. "Charles. My place please." He shouts up to the driver.

"No Mr. Dolan it's actually fairly late and I should probably get home." I ramble. "I said to call me Ethan and I insist. It's only 10:00. I don't want to cut your night short just because I wasn't having any fun at the party." He grins. I just nod slowly.

I sit and try and figure out what exactly his house would look like and I can't quite figure it out. I'm guessing it's elaborate and flashy. Something beyond big. Maybe the size of the house we were just at.

Once we arrive the driver has to drive past some metal gates. The driveway is extra long and I find myself excited to see exactly what his house looks like.

Once I see it I'm almost shocked. It's nothing too flashy but it's definitely still elegant.

There's a large fountain out front and hedges trimmed perfectly all around the property. "What? Unimpressed?" He ask, snapping me out of my thoughts. "No no no. Not at all. It's beautiful." I admit shyly. "Thank you Ms. Monroe." He grins.

"Since I have to call you Ethan you have to call me Kendal." I say with a surge of confidence. "Deal." He chuckles as Charles swings the door open.

Ethan helps me out of the car as I continue to look around. I'd never be able to afford something like this.

"Come. We'll have some dinner." He says grabbing my hand and leading me up to his front door. "It's almost 11." I chuckle. "A late dinner." He chuckles.

Before we even reach the front door it swings open to reveal who I'm guessing is his maid. I flash her a smile and she seems surprised by it. Maybe because the girls Ethan usually brings home are complete and utter bitches.

He leads me to a nice modern kitchen. "Wow." I can't help but let the word fall past my lips as I run my hand across the island. "What would you like?" He ask swinging his large fridge door open. "Umm I'm not really picky." I mutter not really wanting to choose.

He sifts through his fridge probably willing to cook the first thing he saw. "You cook?" I ask Breaking the silence. "Yes. I do actually." He grins as he pulls out a couple of things for a meal.

"I hope you like chicken pasta." He mumbles as he begins to look in his cabinet also. "Sounds great." I smile.

I don't know why I feel so giddy right now. Maybe because I'm in the Ethan Dolan's house. Or maybe because my sexy boss is showing me attention.

He shrugs his suit jacket off and places it on a chair by the island. His muscles bulge in the dress shirt and I can't help but stare as I take a seat at the island.

I watch him cook and his muscles flex every once in a while and I'm in complete awe. How does a man look like that?

"Now we wait." He mutters popping the dish into the oven. "When did you get into cooking?" I ask wanting to get to know more about him. He seems so intriguing and I want to know as much as possible. Not to mention he doesn't seem like the type that usually shares things so I need to take this time to my advantage.

"Mainly when I moved out on my own." He shrugs as he takes a seat next to me. He watches me like a hawk and I can't help but feel small.

"You do look stunning tonight by the way." He blurts which causes my cheeks to turn a light shade of pink. "You do that a lot." He murmurs. "what?" I ask shyly. "Blush." He grins.

"Why were you so quick to give me the job?" I ask trying to change the subject. "I've heard about you from your past job." He says referring to my past assistant position.

So Florence was wrong. He just hired me because he knew I had experience. I don't even know why I held on to what Florence told me.

"Not to mention I also wanted to get to know you." He smirks as he places his hand on my cheek. My heart hammers against my rib cage as I take in his heavenly scent and his gentle touch.

He begins to lean in and I almost tell myself this isn't happening until his lips brush against mine. The kiss is gentle and it leaves me wanting more.

He pulls away and I get lost in his golden eyes. Something comes over me as I lean in again and crash our lips into one another hard. He replicates my actions and our lips begin to move in sync.

He lifts me up and places me on his probably way too expensive island as he grips my hips tightly which cause me to gasp. He uses that to his advantage as he slides his tongue in my mouth to explore.

He seems way more experienced than what I'm used to and I find myself wondering how he knows how to do all of this.

He's driving me absolutely crazy just by kissing me.

His hands wonder to my thighs as he begins to push the hem of my dress up. I don't mind. I want more. All of this built up tension that seemed to sit between us needs to be resolved.

His lips leave mine as he begins to leave sloppy kisses on my neck and my bare shoulder. He nips at a few areas which only earns a small moan from me as I enjoy every minute of this.

His right hand finds my cheek as he reattaches our lips in a long searing kiss. He pulls away, leaving us both absolutely breathless. My chest is heaving up and down which causes my breast to lightly brush up against his solid torso.

His thumb runs across my bottom lip as he takes in my breathless and vulnerable state. "I'll have to invite you over for a proper dinner sometime won't I Ms. Monroe?" He grins.

Word count 1050