LVII ~ the end

Kendal

My heart races as the finishing touches are placed. A small tiara rest in my hair to add a bit of flare as my makeup looks absolutely seamless.

Racheal stares at me in awe. She's been like this the whole time.

The process of getting ready actually was rather elaborate. I'm sure it is for every wedding but it's different for this one because one of the richest men in the world is involved. Well two because the other is his best man.

"You look stunning." She smiles. I can't help but smile from ear to ear. I'm nervous but the great appearance I have settles me a bit.

"You nervous?" Racheal ask with raised eyebrows. "Petrified." I answer honestly. She can't help but chuckle and I laugh with her.

"I think I might throw up." I mutter in a somewhat joking manner even though my stomach is turning a bit.

"No no no. This dress was far too expensive for that." She says sternly which makes me chuckle. She's entirely right. Many women wouldn't even think of spending this much on a dress.

"I'll be fine right?" I ask in order for her to make me feel better before I have to walk down the aisle. "Yes. As long as you don't fall on your face in front of everyone." She blurts. "Shut up." I mutter as I shove her lightly.

Ethan

I'm freaking out as I straighten my tie for the thousandth time. I'm about to get married to the woman of my dreams and my best man isn't here. My brother isn't here. My own god damn brother.

I try and calm myself down as I look at myself in the mirror. My hair is styled perfectly which never happens and my suit is pressed with no wrinkles left.

Maybe he's just running late. Maybe traffic is awful. That would be his luck. He always finds himself stuck in traffic.

"Everything okay Mr. Dolan?" One of the hired helps ask. "Uh yeah." I murmur with a fake smile.

"You know, it's very normal to be nervous. Especially when you're marrying such a beautiful young lady." The man beams. The statement makes me smile because Kendal is the most beautiful girl I've ever laid eyes on. I'm so lucky to be in this situation and I know it.

"She is beautiful isn't she?" I smile big. It almost makes me forget about Grayson.

"You better get going. You don't want to keep her waiting." He smiles. I nod and follow him out. Of course she's not out yet. She'll have the opportunity to show everyone her dress as she walks down the aisle nice and slow.

Everyone grins at me as I stand and wait on her. My heart hammers against my chest and I swear I can hear it.

I'm sure people are confused when they don't see Grayson. Surely everyone knew he was my best man. I'd be dumb to have anyone else next to me.

I almost jump as soon as the music starts. I'm petrified yet excited at the same time. This is it. I finally get to see her in her dress and she finally becomes mine forever.

As soon as she steps out my heart clenches in pure amazement. She's breathtaking. Her hair is perfect and her dress is mesmerizing.

I'm sure everyone knows I'm staring but I don't care. This is my wife walking down the aisle. This is my girl. No one else's.

Kendal

Ethan looks amazing. I can't contain my smile. I want to run up to him and embrace him but I have to walk slow in order for me to stay upright due to my heels.

Both Ethan and Racheal smile at me as they wait for me. That's when I notice Grayson isn't here. It makes my heart drop. He should be here for Ethan. He should be here for me. He's a great friend of mine. I'm sure Ethan's heart broken.

As soon as I reach him he's quick to take my hands. His eyes don't leave mine. "You look stunning." He murmurs. My cheeks heat up and I don't care.

His touch is warm and comforting as I stand in front of all these people. The pastor glances at us with a smile. I'm sure everyone's smiling at this point. The whole atmosphere is filled with a great vibe. One that I was hoping for.

I barely listen to the pastor as he rambles on and on. I can't take my eyes off Ethan. I just want to kiss him already.

"Now is there any objections? Speak now or forever hold your peace." The pastor speaks boldly. I smile at Ethan until there's a loud bang coming from the doors. "I object!" Grayson's loud voice booms through the church.

My face instantly scrunches up and I glance at Ethan quickly. He's just as confused as I am.

Grayson waste no time as he charges up to us. His eyes meet mine and I instantly feel small in front of all these people.

"Kendal, I can't let you marry him." He speaks quickly. "W-what?" I ask, even more confused now.

He's now stood in front of me and I can't see Ethan anymore. I'm beyond confused and Grayson knows it.

"I love you Kendal and I can't watch this happen knowing that I could treat you better." He rambles. "Grayson I-" I don't even know what to say. I can't form words. I'm frozen.

"You can't tell me that you don't feel anything." He says quickly. "Grayson." Ethan says loudly. I know he's fed up and I'm now messing up my perfect makeup.

I don't know what to do and small tears make their way to my eyes. I can't stop them. The last thing I wanted to do was hurt Grayson because I do care for him but I know I love Ethan.

My mind wonders to the good things that come with Grayson. He's full of warmth and I'll never be faced with trouble. I'd be lying if I said I never thought about loving him. I have plenty of times.

Grayson's hands find the sides of my face as everyone gasps. My heart speeds up as I look up at him. He closes the space between us and the kiss is gentle. Way more gentle than Ethan's. Grayson's always been more kind.

I'm breathless as he lets me pull away. I don't know what just happened and I don't think anyone does. Everyone is wide eyed as I look up at Grayson.

I can't take my eyes off of him. Something makes me comfortable around him. Something just pulls me towards him.

Before I know it the man I'm supposed to be marrying storms off. He rips his tie off and throws it on the ground as he swings the doors open.

"Please tell me you felt something." Grayson blurts. "Grayson I can't." I shake my head back and forth before I run after Ethan.

Everyone watches me run out but I don't care. This is all such a mess. This is something a girl never dreams about. This is a nightmare.

What makes it even worse is I can't find Ethan. He completely left and I can't say I blame him.

The biggest issue that crosses my mind is that I did feel something when I kissed Grayson.

Word count 1241
I'm sure you guys all fucking hate me now. This book was sooo long but I enjoyed every minute of it.

Let me know if you guys want a sequel. I have plenty of ideas.