III

Kendal

Day two. I walk up to the building with more confidence than I did the past two days. I know what I'm doing now. Or at least I hope.

It's currently 8:50. That gives me plenty of time to stop at the 50th floor and get Mr. Dolan his coffee and then head up to his office.

The same music blared through the speakers. God, I wish they'd change it. It's horrendous.

I have all the papers Mr. Dolan gave me yesterday clutched to my chest. I decided to take them home and finish all the emails last night. It'll make me look good for one and for two it doesn't put so much on my plate for today.

I reach the 50th floor and head straight to the break room. I pour his black coffee while shaking my head. Has he ever heard of cream and sugar?

I grab his coffee with my right hand and clutch the papers with my left. I let out a sigh as I step into the boring elevator again. Time to start the day.

Florence is sat calm at her desk like always. I prance right to Mr. Dolan's office in order to hand him his coffee. I want to show him that I'm ready to work.

I swing the door open and step in. "I have your coffee and I finished the em-" I'm cut off by seeing the lady that usually sits at the circular desk in the lobby perched on Mr. Dolan's desk. "I'm so sorry. I just came to bring your coffee." I ramble as I take my eyes off the two that were obviously busy.

She hops off his desk and pulls her skirt down. "Have you ever heard of knocking?" Mr. Dolan spits. "I-I'm sorry." I stammer as the lady makes her way out of the office.

She nudges my left shoulder on the way out and it causes me to drop the papers and they fly everywhere. "Oops." She mumbles as she steps out of the office.

I bend down and set the coffee on the floor next to me as I begin to gather all of the papers. I tuck a strand of hair behind my ear as Mr. Dolan crouches down in front of me to help.

"It's okay. I got it." I mutter quickly but it's too late because a small stack is already forming in his hands. "You finished these already?" He asked some what shocked.

"Uh yes. I took them home last night sir." I ramble. He nods. "Impressive." Is all he says as I hand him the rest of the papers.

"Umm and here's your coffee. Black." I mutter as we both stand. He takes the cup from me with a grin. "I see you came ready to work this morning." "Yes sir." I say fiddling with my fingers.

"Well do you mind taking these to my brother." He says grabbing some folders off of his desk. "No sir." I say quickly.

I take the folders from his hands and turn on my heels to leave. "Wear your hair up tomorrow. I'd love to see that gorgeous face of yours." He says right before I turn to leave.

My cheeks are warm and I know they're a light shade of pink. "You're cute when you blush too." He compliments again.

Now he allows me to turn and leave. My cheeks are a bright red.

Florence smiles at me once I leave the office. "He's a charmer." She warns. I can tell. This isn't the first time he's made me blush like crazy.

"Is uh Grayson in his office?" I ask Florence as I hold the folders up. "Yes He should be." She smiles. "Thank you." I mutter as I head towards the office I've never been in.

I lightly knock on the door and I hear another deep voice ring through the office. "Come in." I lightly push the door open to see him working diligently and rushing around.

"Florence can you ru-" he cuts himself off once he sees me. "Oh um you must be Kendal. I'm sorry I thought you were Florence." He smiles. His smile is comforting unlike the other Mr. Dolan's. And he calls me by my first name.

"Oh no it's fine Mr. Dolan." I smile. "Please. Call me Grayson." He beams.

"Umm I was actually told to bring you these." I say holding out the folders. "Oh thank you." He smiles. Mr. Dolan never says thank you.

"I should probably get back to work." I motion towards the door. "No please sit. I don't want to have to work with someone I barely know." He smiles.

I bite my lip as I place myself in the seat in front of his desk. His office is very similar to Mr. Dolan's.

"Are you from here?" He ask as he sits in his chair behind his desk. He gently tugs at his bottom lip as I answer. "Uh yeah. I have an apartment here in the city." I say simple.

Before he's able to ask another question the office door swings open causing both of our heads to snap towards it.

"I'd greatly appreciate it if you didn't distract my assistant." Mr. Dolan spits. "I'm just trying to get to know her." Grayson says throwing his hands up in surrender. "Well don't." He hisses.

I stand from my seat and flash Grayson an apologetic smile. Ethan swings the door open and allows me to walk out first.

"What were you doing talking to him?" He ask harshly. "I-I just went to give him the folders and he asked me to stay." I stammer.

"Don't do it again. You're my assistant." He says putting emphasis on the word "my". I just nod frantically.

His anger intimidates me even more than his stare. This all confuses me because like he said, I'm just his assistant. Who cares if I talk to his brother?

As Mr. Dolan disappears into his office I glance at Florence with wide eyes. "He definitely has a thing for you sweetie." Is all she says.

Word count 1027