XXV

Kendal

"You know, I'd love to sit here and fill you in but I'm kind of in a hurry." I lie as I rush around my house for my purse and keys. "What do you mean?" Racheal ask, raising her voice in pure confusion.

"I'm going to his house for dinner and I'm supposed to be leaving now." I say frantically. "What the hell is going on?" Racheal ask as she throws her hands up in the air in frustration.

"Listen, I'll tell you later. I just don't want to be late." I say as I place both of my hands on her petite shoulders. She flashes me a questionable look and I let out a sigh as I realize I have no time for her small temper tantrums.

"Or I guess I don't have to tell you." I shrug as I drop my hands back to my sides. "I swear to god Kendal Monroe you better tell me ASAP!" She says sternly but I can't help but laugh slightly. "Promise. Now get out of my house." I say as I laugh even more. She rolls her eyes and steps out of my apartment before I do. I lock the door behind me.

"I'll see you later." I mutter to Racheal as I make my way down the hall, causing my heels to click loudly. "Bye!" She shouts after me.

I just really wonder what we're having for dinner and why he wanted me to come over so bad. Maybe a round two? Or maybe he's trying to impress me. He might be trying to sway my decision towards having a relationship with him.

"Kendal." Charles smiles at me as I step out of my shabby apartment building. "Charles. It's nice to see you again." I beam as I approach the car and he swings the door open for me. "It's always a pleasure to see you as well." He says formally. It makes me smile but a part of me wonders if he's ever causal.

I slip into the car with an audible sigh. I find myself somewhat upset that Ethan isn't in the car waiting for me. Maybe he's setting up dinner. He tends to always want everything to be perfect so it wouldn't surprise me.

As Charles pulls from the curb I fiddle with my fingers. I have no clue why I'm nervous. I was plenty confident around him earlier. It must be the suspense of why exactly he invited me over.

The drive is almost unbearable. Charles played some light music but it didn't work. I found myself still stuck in my thoughts.

"I'm sure he's waiting on you." Charles smiles at me as he opens the door and I step out. I just smile and let out a big breath I didn't even realize I was holding.

"I'll see you later." I smile to Charles as I make my way up Ethan's large stairs in front of his house.

I don't even need to knock. One of Ethan's hired maids swings the door open, startling me. "Oh. I'm sorry Ms. Monroe. I didn't mean to scare you." She chuckles lightly. "It's fine." I say taking my hand away from my chest and flashing her a comforting smile.

"He's in the dinning room." She says with a slight smirk. Does everyone around here smirk 24/7? "Thank you." I mutter quickly as I try and remember where exactly the dinning room is in this massive house.

As soon as I find the dinning room I hear a crash. "God damn it!" Ethan hisses under his breath as he looks down at the red whine splashed on his freshly ironed white dress shirt.

He picks up a napkin and begins to rub it. "No. Don't rub it!" I say quickly, jumping in and taking the napkin from him. "Jesus." He mutters under his breath.

"Nothings going right." He adds as he looks at the wine glass sat on the dinning room floor with some wine surrounding it. He's cute when he's flustered.

"It looks great." I smile as I take in the dinner laying across the grand table. "I'm gonna go change." He says as he turns to leave. I grab his wrist and turn him back around. "It's just a small stain. It's fine." I reassure him in hopes of relaxing him. "Let's just eat." I smile. Soon a smile creeps upon his face and I feel more at ease myself.

He picks up the glass and sits it on the table as I take the napkin he had and wipe up the small puddle of wine. "I'll get another glass." He says quickly as he disappears into the kitchen.

He comes back in, almost out of breath and sits down across from me. My hand is quick to find his. "It's great. Really." I say as I rub the top of his hand. He smiles lightly and picks up his fork.

I smile as I begin to eat. "I still can't believe you're this good at cooking." I chuckle in hopes of starting a small conversation. "What?" He acts offended.

We both laugh as we continue to eat. The energy in the room is great. It's way different than the last time I was here. There's no tension. Everything between us seems to be out in the open and I love it that way. I love him that way. He's a little easier to read.

"Why'd you want to have dinner with me so bad?" I ask with a slight smirk. I'm aching to get to the bottom of this.

"I just so happen to have a big question to ask you." He smiles. I just nod almost begging him to just spill it.

"Now you're gonna think it's a bit crazy." He warns. My eyebrows furrow at this. What could possibly be so crazy?

"And you're more than willing to say no. I just wanted to put the offer out there." He adds quickly almost trying to get me to calm down. I just nod again, telling him it's okay to ask me.

"Would you move in with me?" He ask hesitantly.

Word count 1030
You guys are crazy! This book almost has 10k reads already!

What other books would you guys be interested in reading? Feel free to message me if you don't want to comment your ideas.