LV

Kendal

I can't take my eyes off the ring. It's still so surreal.

I glance at it as I pour my regular cup of coffee. A smile instantly falls on to my face.

"Babe come here!" I hear Ethan's voice shout from the patio. My eyebrows instantly furrow.

I grab my cup and head straight towards the back doors. It's warm outside but comfortable.

I push my messy hair behind my ear as I take in a stranger that sits across from Ethan. I feel self conscious because I wasn't aware that we were having guests.

"This is Brooke. She's the wedding planner. I'd figure you'd like to talk to her." He smiles as I take a seat next to him.

This all has me taken back considering he just purposed a few days ago. I figured he'd be too busy to jump on the wedding so quickly.

I smile at Brooke. She seems to be old enough to be my mother. She has a pen in hand and a notebook sat in front of her. It's nice to see she's prepared unlike I was.

Ethan's hand rest on my thigh as I take in her notebook. There's already things written on it.

"Ethan and I were already discussing some things. I hope you don't mind." She smiles kindly. "Oh no. Not at all." I murmur. Ethan always has plenty of great ideas and I'm not too worried about him bringing up anything strange.

"Now, he mentioned that your favorite flower was a rose." She starts. I just nod because he's exactly right. "So were we thinking red and white?" She ask raising her eyebrows.

I glance at Ethan almost hoping he would give me confirmation. "Uh yeah. That sounds great." I smile as I try and picture everything in red and white.

"The biggest question is when the date of the wedding should be." She says quickly. I sigh. It's too early to be thinking this hard and this far ahead.

"Do you guys want to have it in the summer?" She ask as if that would narrow anything down. Ethan's quick to nod his head yes.

Summers approaching and the idea of having the wedding so early frightens me slightly. It's such a big event that I'm nowhere near prepared for.

"Have you looked at dresses Ms. Monroe?" She ask, looking directly at me. I just shake my head no.

"Your dress will be a big part of the whole event." She smiles and it almost makes me feel a little more at ease.

"I know this great place you'll love it." She smiles as she reaches into her purse and pulls out a small card. I take it from her and the name of a wedding dress shop is printed on the front.

"You'll love it I promise. I could let them know you're coming." She offers. "Uh yeah that'd be great." I say with a shy smile.

"I'll come back and meet with you two once you get your dress and I'll confirm a few ideas with you guys." She says standing up and slinging her purse over her shoulder.

"Uh thank you." I say somewhat speechless. The whole meeting was brisk and left me confused and scared.

One of the maids leads her out as I glance at Ethan. "Thanks for letting me know she was coming." I sigh. He chuckles. "It was just the first one. It's not that big of a deal. The next few will be important though." He says raising his eyebrow. I roll my eyes.

"What's the rush?" I blurt. "I just can't wait to marry you." He beams as he invites me to sit on his lap. Of course I oblige and wrap my hands around his neck and lightly tug at the hairs near his neck.

"Well I guess I gotta go dress shopping." I chuckle as I twirl the card in my fingers. He takes in the card and then looks back up at me. "I guess you do." He chuckles.

I close the space between us and connect our lips in a long, soft kiss. It puts a smile on my face as I pull away.

"I'm gonna go shower." I smile as I get up off his lap. "Can I join?" He ask with raised eyebrows. I roll my eyes.

"You seem busy." I tease as I make my way back towards the house. "I can make time." He shouts as he jumps up from his chair.

Word count 754
This is a short boring chapter. I'm sorry.