XXXVI

Ethan

My chest tightens as I take in her appearance. The skirt drives me wild as I take in her perfect curves and long legs. Her hair is nice and curled today also.

A part of me hopes she did all of this for me but I know that's a long shot. She hasn't even noticed I came out of my office yet. She's so invested in her conversation with Grayson.

My heart shatters as the thought of her getting involved with Grayson crosses my mind. I don't want to see her with anyone else. I want her to be with me but I don't know how to fix this.

It may be selfish for me to want her to myself considering I'm so fucked up. She should be with someone like Grayson. The sad part is I want to fix myself so I can be that good guy for her.

I tried once before and I failed. Still I try and push myself for her. I want to be there for her.

"Hey bro." Grayson says, sending me a little wave over Kendal's shoulder.

My heart feels like it's being squeezed like a stress ball as Kendal slowly turns around to look at me. She's even more beautiful than I remember.

She's the only girl that's managed to take my breath away. She's the only girl that's left me absolutely speechless.

I'm unable to respond to Grayson as I take her all in. My mind works in all sorts of ways as I think of what to do.

"I see you're feeling better." I murmur after I clear my throat. She nods as she tucks some hair behind her ear. She's always done that when she's nervous.

I debate on asking her to come to my office but I leave it be. I should give her the space she obviously wants.

"Do you uh need a coffee or anything?" She ask as she fiddles with her fingers slightly. Everything about her is just making me itch for her affection.

"That'd be great actually." I say sending her a shy smile. She nods and makes her way to the elevator.

As she leaves Grayson sends a quick glance my way. "Don't do anything crazy now." He says sternly before and turns to head back into his office.

He's right. I can't just jump in and beg her to forgive me. I need to prove to her that I'm changing. It's going to take some time but I'm willing to do it.

I make my way back into my office as I wait for my coffee. I even try and think of things to do for her within the next week. I want her to know that she's all I think about.

I can't bring myself to wrap my brain around all of this. I've never felt this way and it's killing me.

I'm snapped out of my thoughts by a soft knock. I know it's her and my heart races. I clear my throat before shouting a 'come in'.

The door opens slowly to reveal her gorgeous face to me and then her amazing body. I can't help but admire her as she struts across my office to my desk.

"Black. Just like usual." She says simply as she sits it on my desk. "Thank you." I say. I can't help but smile. Every time shes near me it's like my mood is a thousand times better.

"Anything else you need?" She ask as she shifts from foot to foot.

You. I need you.

I can't tell her that and I don't dare. She won't believe me and she won't forgive me for what I did.

"No. There's just emails for you to do like usual." I say simply. I don't want to overwhelm her. The last thing I want is to scare her off.

She nods and then turns on her heels to leave my office. I want to tell her to stay but I figured that's too much.

"Thanks for the flowers by the way." She mutters as she opens the door. "No problem princess." I mutter absentmindedly.

Her cheeks turn a light shade of pink and it makes my heart flutter. I'll never get over how cute it is when she blushes or smiles.

"Is it true?" She ask. My face scrunches up because I have no clue what she's talking about. "What?" I ask.

She closes the door again and faces me. "Everything you put in those notes." She says quickly.

My heart stops as I think about everything in those notes. I didn't expect her to bring this up. Certainly not now.

"Yeah." I say truthfully. Everything I wrote in those came from my heart. I wouldn't lie about something like that.

She nods as she looks at the floor and her feet. I can tell she has no clue what to say and truthfully I don't either.

"I meant every single word." I blurt. I don't know what else to say. I just want her to know that I meant it. I wouldn't ever say those things to anyone else.

"I-I should probably get back to work." She stammers as she makes eye contact with me. She's always had such innocent eyes. I can't help but feel like I corrupted them.

"Yes. Everyone here has missed you." I smile. In all actuality I wanted to say that I missed her.

God, I missed her so much.

I feel empty as she leaves my office. I wanted her to stay close to me all day.

I wanted to talk to her all day. Get things off my chest. Let her get things off her chest even if it meant she yelled at me. At least she was paying attention to me. That's all I want right now.

I can't let her go and I know that now. I'll never mess up again and I want to prove that to her. I want her to know that she should stay with me.

Word count 1009