Took Too Long

≈|TWENTY-EIGHT|≈
Took Too Long
Officially Completed: 5/17/18

Namjoon looks for Jin in his room before making his way downstairs to the backyard

Namjoon looks for Jin in his room before making his way downstairs to the backyard. He opened the sliding door to see a silhouette sitting on a pool chair, that was reclined almost all the way back by the pool. Jin had come back out here after a while, he felt as if Jimin needed some space. Namjoon let out a huff of air before walking outside. Upon reaching Jin, the younger pulled another pool chair next to him and sat down across from the younger. He wanted to talk to Jin about how he was feeling first.

"What's going on?" Namjoon starts. "What do you mean?" The boy asks, acting as if he didn't know what Namjoon was talking about. "I've noticed that you've been down lately, and I'm so worried about you. You've barely eaten, and you don't talk to me as much as you used to."

It had never occurred to Namjoon until now that it could've been him that has done something wrong to make Jin not want to confide in him anymore.
"What did I do?" Namjoon asked worriedly.
Jin knits his eyebrows together in confusion. Why would Namjoon think he did something?
"Namjoon no, oh my god no," he shakes his head, "you didn't do anything everything that's happening it's all me okay? You don't need to worry about it... I know it's your job but I'm fine really," Jin pushes him away again. Namjoon couldn't believe Jin thought he was just caring for him because it's his job.
"My job?" The younger leans forward. "Yes, it's your job to watch and protect me," The other nods. "Jin, it might be my job to watch over you, but me caring for you, that's all me. Caring for you, It's an amazing opportunity I have and it just comes so naturally." His voice became softer, sincerity laced.

Jin didn't know what to say but, "Thanks Namjoon." He smiles.

He could feel his feelings overflowing wanting to spill again. This was the moment he truly wanted to tell Namjoon everything but he couldn't bring himself to. He'd hurt Hoseok for lying and the fear of rejection struck his heart so he pushed down the lump in his throat.

Namjoon became silent, looking at the ground. This seems like the right time to tell him but he is also afraid of Jin rejecting him now that he could be the reason for his sadness. He knew it was time though, the reason why he was out here is so he could pour out his feelings.

"Jin?"
"Yeah?"
"Can I- uh sit next to you for a sec?"
Confused, Jin says, "Sure..?"
The boy swings his legs over the side sitting properly allowing Namjoon to sit next to him.
Sensing the thickness in the air Jin asks worriedly, "What's up? Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, but I- um I've had a bunch of thought about this. And seeing Jungkook and Tae just..." Namjoon trails off. Now he thinks Namjoon is going to ask him about telling Hoseok how he feels for him. Jin prepares his heart for the shatter. He grabs his cup of water off the tiny table, and brings it to his lips.
"Jin... I really like you. Like a lot."
Holding the cup under his mouth, he let the water spill from his lips. He looks at Namjoon surprised and wipes his lips with his sleeves.