The Finish Line

FOURTY-EIGHT
The Finish Line
Officially Completed: 8/17/19

Baekhyun walks towards his fathers office, a box in hand

Baekhyun walks towards his fathers office, a box in hand. In the box there were multiple pieces of paper with signatures on it, and nearly everyone had signed it. The only people that hadn't gotten to sign it were either out or just didn't care enough to.

The boy knocks on the office door, waiting until he heard a, "Come in," before entering. A smile tugs at the corner of Siwon's lips upon seeing his son. His hair was unnaturally black, crows feet at his eyes. "Baekhyun!" The younger was almost a spitting imagine of this man, of course he had some of his mothers features. "Dad!!" The boy smiled, closing the door behind him. "What brings you here today?"

Without saying much, the younger Byun put the box of signatures on his desk, his eyes a bit intense. Siwon has quickly grasped onto the feeling in the room, his eyebrows furrowing. Once his eyes had landed on the box, he asked, "What's.. this?" Although Baekhyun had practiced what he would say the night before, it seemed to all leave his head. Truthfully, he didn't know how his dad would react to this news. This would also be him coming out.

"Dad we've gotta talk about something," The younger took a seat, his eyes flickering to the other in front of him. "What son?" The boy hesitated before speaking, he kept telling himself that this was not only for him but for everyone else as well. "You know that rule... The one about no one being able to have a relationship with anyone in the house they're assigned to?" Siwon nods his head, fully putting the paper he had in his hand down, and taking off his reading glasses. "Yes, why?"
The doubts were sneaking their way into his head again, but he knew he had to push them away. Deciding not to give it anymore thought, he ripped it off like a bandaid. "Multiple people- well everyone in this office thinks that it shouldn't be a rule anymore."

Upon hearing that, Siwon laughs lightly. He actually thought that it was a joke, this rule had never been brought up to him as a bad thing. So why would it be such a problem all of the sudden? "What-?" He asked through his chuckling, "That's funny. Baekhyun no, the rule was put there for a reason." The elder shook his head about ready to send his son out. Sensing this, Baekhyun spoke up quickly, "Dad, the rule is as old as you! We're in a new age now. I'm.." his voice faltered his gaze on his lap. He brought his head up as he spoke, "I'm in love with someone dad.. from my house."

Siwon almost couldn't believe his ears. He never even had the thought of Baekhyun being gay. "A boy Baehyun???" Sighing, he leaned back in his seat his fingers running through his hair. "I can't believe this..."
"I-I'm still me dad.. I'm still your boy." Fear had set in for the younger, feeling like his dad wouldn't accept him. His mother knew already, but his dad.. he didn't know if he would still love him him like she does.

"I know, I know... this is just going to take some time to get used to.."

A wave of relief washed over the younger, him wiping away his tears and sniffling a bit. "Thank you," he told him with a smile. "And Dad please consider the rule.. I don't want to be unhappy, I come to work with a smile on my face everyday because of him. I don't want to have to leave him.. he's everything to me. Please, it's not even just me." The boy points to the box on the desk. "It's everyone in the office. Open it." Doing as told, the elder had opened the box, bringing it closer he saw all the pieces of paper with signatures on it. Another sigh emitted from his throat, his hands running over his face this time. "I need some time to think about this..."