SodaPop Curtis, Good Fight.

(kinda short!!!)

You and Soda were driving back from another movie, when you started talking, as usual. Strangely enough, it was about past relationships. He said he didn't have many girlfriends in the past and didn't really like talking about Sandy.

You watched as the shadows cast across his beautiful face, rays of moonlight cut by the dark slashes. You had been dating for about a month and a half, and you really hadn't been going anywhere. You'd thought a couple times maybe you were just good as friends. He barely kissed you and grew quite distant. You started to feel like he didn't really like you anymore.

"Soda..."

His eyes seemed to shift nervously by your change in tone of voice. He knew that when you said his name like that you were about to ask a question that was potentially difficult for him to answer.

"Yea?"

"Can you tell me about Sandy?"

You could see his eyes sort of narrow down. He shifted into park and pulled over on the side of the road. You felt scared for a split second before he turned to you softly.

"Sandy is my ex-girlfriend. She left me with a letter. Some say she got pregnant with another's guy's kid, others say she didn't love me anymore. But that was a while ago, she's not important anymore." You could see the pain in his eyes,

"Are you sure?"

"Am I sure of what?"

"That she's not important anymore."

"Of course I am, I've got you, Don't I?"

You closed your eyes for a second, taking a somewhat deep breath before looking out the window.

"What Y/N?" He looked fearful, He put his hand on your leg, which got your attention. He gave it a squeeze, "Y/N?"

"Are you sure you like me, Soda?" You asked him quite bluntly, to which he coiled back in shock.

"Of course I like you!! Where's all this coming from?" His hand fell from your leg, "Why isn't our relationship going anywhere and why are you so distant all of a sudden? Are you scared to go forward?"
He seemed to become more fearful than ever. Even in the darkness, you could see his blue eyes dilate at the slightest bit. "I'm scared to get close to anyone."

He admitted, his body wasn't very tense but he was visibly shocked. You seemed to bury up something he was scared to even admit to himself.

He put both hands on the top of the wheel, resting his forehead between them. "...Ever since Sandy left me I promised myself I'd never get as attached to anyone as I was to her."

You looked at him for a moment before sighing, "I understand. But I won't leave you like she did. Trust me, Soda."

You unbuckled your seatbelt and hoisted yourself off your seat, wrapped your arms around him and held him for a moment. You could feel him sort of ease up, his hand sort of snaked up your arm and pulled you closer. "I don't mean to be so distant." He said quietly. "I understand. Soda," You pulled away. "I'm not leaving," You made him look you in the eye, meeting gazes with. Your E/C Eyes bored into his blue ones. He put his hand on the side of your face and pulled you into a kiss. It was long, passionate and rougher than usual. You took that as a thank you.

Your hand grazed his shoulders before cradling his neck, he gladly took this as an opportunity and intensified the kiss even more.

He'd never shown this much fire.

Sometimes fighting is healthy. Sometimes you just need to release things that you aren't able to release unless confronted.

All you knew is that this was gonna be one hell of a night.