Dallas Winston, I'm Not Scared of you

【Different Perspective/POV】

Y/N hadn't seen Dallas since the night he broke in drunk, A week and a half ago. He wasn't at the dingo, He was nowhere. James Carter had been coming around the Dingo more, and eventually befriended Y/N. Dallas wasn't around to intervene, and Y/N could enjoy people's company, even if they weren't on good terms with Dallas, the Ruthless Hood.

"Y'know, Y/N, I've been havin' fun hangin' out with you, sweetheart." James smiled gingerly, opening the gate to Y/N's front yard. He looked over her house, his eyes holding a disappointed glint. "You sure you gotta go?" He asked, shoving his hands into his pockets. Y/N folded a loose strand of her H/C hair behind her ear, before letting her hand rest on her neck. "James, it's gettin' late. I'll see ya tomorrow, okay?" Y/N smiled, before putting a hand to his shoulder. "Bye..." He put his hand on hers as she pulled it away, walking into her gate. James watched her for a second, before letting his head drop. She got to the porch before turning once to look at him, before disappearing behind her front door.

As soon as the familiar scent of home hit Y/N senses, she felt relaxed. She set her bag on the kitchen counter and took off her sweater. She let her hair down from her ponytail and fluffed it out. As the sunset orange light pooled in from the thin curtains, the lighting began to soothe Y/N. She unbuttoned the top part of her blouse and kicked off her shoes. Her dad wasn't anywhere in sight, meaning she didn't have to stay cooped up in her room.

Dallas had given her a ring, a silver so magnificent it looked like something a soc would definitely wear- considering he did steal it from a soc. She missed him so dearly. The warmth from the sun began to fade as it grew darker. She felt alone again. As usual. She got up and gingerly leaped over the couch arm approaching the backdoor. The sunset breeze pooled into the house, but she quickly shut the door behind herself to preserve the little heat she had. She walked around the back and picked up a few small blocks of firewood, shoving the wood under her right arm using her left to grab more, but she froze.
She heard the sound of the front door open, and shut quickly. The house was still dark, so she knew it probably wasn't her father at this point. He would've flicked on a lamp. She hurried to the back door, opening it and hauling in the firewood. She looked around before walking over to the fireplace. She set down the wood and called out. "Hello?"
"What was his name... James?" Dally's voice was harsh sounding. The anger in his voice was thick. Y/N felt her heart drop. She fished the fireplace topper for the matches, "Yea, Dal." She said submissively, watching her tone. She felt the warmth of the newly lit match give her some comfort. Hopefully she could convince Dally to talk things out. She tossed the match in, watching it set fire to the old firewood. She tossed a couple small blocks of wood into it carefully. "Where were you? Dal? What is going on?" She asked, turning around. She looked at him, hunched and belligerent standing in the kitchen. A burning ember of his cigarette was the only thing she could see besides the light hitting the left side of his figure. She walked over, cautiously. Dally flicked the light on. "I'll kill em'. I-"
Y/N interrupted him hastily, "give me a break, Dallas! He's a friend! Can't I have friends? And what do you expect? Leavin' me hangin' for a week no calls! What? Were you in the cooler? What the hell!" She slams her hand on the counter, Dally didn't even bat an eye. He mumbled "I was in the cooler."
"Thought so! For what now? Drunk driving?"
Dallas looked at the ground. His lips curved into a snarl, he switched back on you. "I knew you were just like Sylvia! I knew it. Two timin' me! Lying to me!" Y/N grabbed the collar of his jacket, "I wasn't and you know it!"

Dallas hissed, "don't lie to me." His tone was filled with hatred, disbelief. It made Y/N's heart skip a beat. She let loose. "I told you I wasn't like her! Stop bringing her up! I don't cheat! I don't lie! And I ain't doin' a thing with James! You really think I'd do that to you?" She tightened her grip on the denim, feeling her nails dig into the fabric with anger. Dallas's eyes were clouded with something unreadable.
He let his hands rest on Y/N's arms as she gripped his jacket, forcing his body to hers. He finally looked back at her. He was lost. He gripped her arms harshly, "you promise me?"
Y/N searched his eyes, she couldn't predict or read him. Something was off. "I promise. I won't ever two time you."
Dallas let her go, "Sorry... I just thought that.."
He spoke quietly, but Y/N just looked at him. She slowly made her way over to him after some silence and pushed the side of her face into the crook of his neck. "We've gone over this so many times Dallas. Trust me, I'll trust you."
Dally looked down, and her furrowed his brows. "I'm not scared of you Dal'." She smiled up at him. He couldn't decide whether or not he wanted to give in or keep being angry. He took a breather, inhaling deeply. Before she could kiss him, he softly sighed. "You have a way with your words." She pressed her lips to his, carefully. Dallas wasn't usually the lovey type, and would give harsh, rough kisses cause he didn't like the way things were so slow and calm with normal romances, but he tolerated it right now. The butterflies in his chest grew as she pulled away and looked in his eyes. The known icy chards of hatred were soft, and puppy dog looking.
He looked down again before pushing his hands to her sides, he stroked his thumbs up and down, simply looking at her. Taking time to digest her beauty, analyze her expression and try- just maybe try to understand. He needed to trust her. He thought he did. How could he trust anyone?
The rough hood planted a single kiss on his girlfriends cheek before tearing himself away from her. He turned towards the door, and began to walk away. He'd come back. Just when the time was right.
He always came back.