Longest First Day

It had been almost 2 hours since you got home and gave your neighbor, Morty Smith, your phone number. You can't help but think about what happened in the cave earlier. Today couldn't be any more perfect... *bzzt* *bzzt* Looking at the home screen of your phone you see a new message from... MORTY! You and him chat for hours, but something in your changes. You feel distant and gone; you try to stay focused on the conversation but eventually telling him you need to go to bed. You glance at the clock.

11:40 pm

You're not tired but something felt wrong. You put on your shoes and grab a jacket, slipping out through the basements back door. Please just stop. Can we just stay inside? I don't want to do this again. Your body and mind were at war, and you keep moving forward. Walking down the road at a steady pace. Time felt like nothing more than the cold breeze on your face. You pass the school, but keep walking. Please let's go home. We don't need to do this again. After a while of walking, you stop in front of the park; dark and deserted. Past the trees of the woods right behind the park, you see a glow.

What...what is that?

MORTY'S POV

_________________________________

" I've got a really bad feeling" why did she get so quiet did I say something bad, did I do something wrong? You reread the conversation, but it seems fine. "Ma-maybe she was just tired" you lay in bed and try to relax but can't stop squirming.

Unable to sleep, you tiptoe down the stairs and towards the garage and put on your shoes. You open the door and Rick is face first on his desk and out like a light. You take a deep breath and reach into his lab coat pocket. Come on, just a bit more... and... your hand touches a cold surface. Got it. You pull out the portal gun and point it behind you.

"Maybe just a quick visit to the caves wouldn't hurt..."

You punch in the coordinates and walk right through, but what you see is not what you were expecting.

"(Y-y/n)!! What are you doing here!! What is... (y/n)... What are you doing...?"

____________________________________________________________________

I'm sooooo sorry for getting this chapter up so late. I've been really busy with school and family and it been really stressfull. I'm on spring break so I'll try to get out another chapter or too.

~Love Shadow