A Mistake?

New Years was finally here. So much had happened in this last little while I couldn't help be reflect.

AUGUST~~~~

I'd had moved to this new place excited yet terrified for something entirely new and met a goofy boy named Morty.

He took me to a secret cave next to a nearby park. A place covered in glowing crystals and decked out with old furniture and blankets to be a safe place away from the world. That place now holds the secrets I never told anyone and one that will always hold a soft place in my heart. The feeling of a warm embrace and the single kiss we shared with him seem to echo in that hidden sanctuary.

OCTOBER~~~

Morty was always busy or not around though I never really did mind. When he wasn't around I would watch Rick work. If I waited long enough he would give in to my requests. We would just hover around in space for hours surrounded by nothing but stars. It felt so safe though I never could figure out why. Sometimes I could feel him staring at me. I told Rick everything about me and sometimes in the dead of night... when I couldn't sleep I would walk to the Smith's Garage and tap on the door. Rick would open it and take me out to space again and I would cry. One time he even held me...

Now it's the last day of December and we are celebrating. My parents already went home and I stayed behind. Beth and Jerry are drunk and are laying on the couch Morty is trying to clean up all the empty bottles and Summer was making out with her boyfriend in a corner. I felt a little tipsy myself and followed Rick like a shadow. I don't know why but I didn't want to talk to anyone else. The clock was getting closer to midnight and Jerry tried his best to make a toast.

"I-i just want all of you to know that I know that this year was difficult but. We are...are gonna have a perfect New Year!"

I went to the kitchen to fill up my glass and Rick was taking a swig from his flask.

"Happy New Year Rick!"

He shrugged off my comment and we looked at the rest of the group gathered around the TV as the clock drew near Midnight. I would be lying if I wasn't a little jealous that they would be getting a kiss to start out the new year.

"H-hey, (Y/N)."

I turn my head but the only thing I could see now was Rick's eyes that where now level with mine

"5"

"R-rick?"

"4"

"(Y/N)."

"3"

"I just wanted to tell you"

"2"

"Happy New Year."

"1"

And before I could think my lips met his. People yelling in the background in excitement for the New Year don't even phase me. His kiss was soft, and gentle and tasted kinda like whiskey. His bigger tough hands were carefully placed on my cheeks and I felt my body melt and eyes flicker close.

When we finally stopped kissing I could feel the stares of the only person I didn't want to see right now. Morty.