The Re-encounter of the Rick Kind

"Oh..." You look down at the ground in embarrassment.
I should've texted him Morty before I came over. Rick quietly continued to work on his odd device and you find it hard to look away from what he is doing. His fingers moving gently over the wires, adjusting some of the loser screws just behind them.
Wow~
Not sure what he was working on, you take a few steps forward to get a closer look. It was an odd little thing. It was shaped like a gun but if the barrel of the gun had been flattened outward. The cool gray exterior of the gun was a little beat up but otherwise very clean. At the top of the barrel was a glass vial filled with strange green liquids that just didn't mix together. It almost seemed alive. Swirling and flowing within the confines of the vial so effortlessly.
"Why are you still here? There is nobody present that 'Desires' your company."
You tug at your necklace slightly.
"I-i was just curious about what your doing..."
Rick turns around and stares at you for a moment before walking off to a corner of the garage, returning with another stool and placing it beside his.
"If y-YOUR gonna be curious ya might as well learn something." He immediately sits back down and starts working and you sit beside him. For a while, neither of you talk but the silence felt natural. Rick finally spoke up.
"Soo... Are you doing okay?"
"Why do you ask?
"Morty told me what happened the night I found you in my room."
"Oh, he told you..? I mean, I'm okay. That just happens sometimes"
Rick raises his brows skeptically.
"Just happens? Spoken like a true emotionally disturbed teenager... But.... For what its worth, I'm sorry for attacking you. I thought you were someone else."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A quick peek at Rick's POV
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
WHY AM I APOLOGIZING!? ITS NOT MY FAULT THE MORTY IS AN IDIOT BUT...
(Y/N) blushes and turns away from me, a strand of hair falling in front of her face. Her face a plumbus pink, lips a deep red, and her eyes... those beautiful, beautiful (E/C) eyes...
WHAT AM I DOING?! She is basically the same age as Summer!
Quickly I turn around and finish replacing the back of the portal gun. The heat in my face making it clear to me that I was blushing.

———————————
To be continued...
———————————