ONE

↳ chapter one: the arrival

chapter one:
the arrival

Crunching of leaves under horse's hooves was the only thing heard through the dark forest.

Young girl with light hair was seated upon the horse's back.Her light eyes, darting in every way, looking out for a sign of danger. She spotted a steam nearby and directed her horse towards it.

The Girl suddenly halted her horse to a stop and climbed down, grabbing the reins and walking the horse to the stream, letting her drink.

One hand was holding the reins while the other one was on the sword.The horse stopped drinking and looked at her owner, who nodded in return before climbing back up.

''Soon we are home, Hayangi. '' Hae whispered and urged Hayangi forward.

Not long after, Hae found herself looking up at the walls of the capital of Silla, Seorabeol.

''Open the gate '' Hae shouted and a minute later, the gates opened revealing the General along with a group of guards.

''General '' Hae addressed and nodded.General smiled at the younger girl and nodded back before moving aside and letting her enter the capital.

''Welcome back Your Majesty''Hae smiled back in return and urged her horse into a gallop towards the palace.

Soon she stood in front of the palace, a place where she grew up, under the supervision of her mother, Queen Ji-Soo and company of her younger sister, Princess Sook Myung.She gave the reins to a stable boy, warning him to give Hayangi extra hay.The stableboy nodded and proceeded to do as ordered, taking the horse with him.

Hae smiled, straightening her clothes before walking to the doors.There she was greeted by more guards, some of them she recognized and smiled, then continued walking towards the throne room.

Upon entering, Hae couldn't stop smiling, the reason was unknown to her but she didn't mind.She's back home after months of studying and traveling.

Queen Ji-Soo looked up from the scripts in her hands once she heard the door opening.A smile replaced her frown as she saw her daughter walking through the door.Ji-Soo stood up and embraced her in a tight hug which Hae returned.

Hae was the younger twin sister of future King; Sam Maekjong.Unlike him, she and their sister remained in the palace and grew up there.

Over the years Hae was trained in many different areas, from culture to fighting, excelling in them all.

What really made Hae special, despite her unusual hair and eye color was an ability to read other people's emotions, feelings, and thoughts through their body language.The art of reading was called Noon-Chi and served her well through the years.

Ji-Soo pulled away from the hug and looked at Hae, expectantly. Hae raised an eyebrow, confused which made the Queen roll her eyes.

''Tell me about your travelings ''

Hae noticed her rushed talking and how her eyes darted around the room, which made young girl tense knowing that something happened while she was absent.

''It was amazing, Eomma.The west was so beautiful but here's the best. ''

''Ah.I'm glad that you got home safe Hae '' Ji-Soo stated, pulling her into another hug.

Hae pulled away and looked at her mother dead serious.

''Something happened while I was absent.Am I right? ''

Ji-Soo let out a deep sigh before seating down and pulling Hae with her.Through the evening Ji-Soo informed Hae of everything that happened in her absence.From her organizing Hwarang to return to Sammaekjong.

Hae laid in her bed, thinking over the events that happened.Her mind mostly set on finding her brother Sam Maekjong whose face was unknown to her, but deep inside her heart, somehow Hae knew that she'll recognize him.